V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
223 Posts
Doug,

How lucky you are to have an OL with a calibrated butt. We have a new RKC (that should be in 'bout now) and the biggest thing we argued about was which seat to put on it. We finally decided to go with the Sundowner Touring version as opposed to other H-D or Mustangs models. To make a long (& boring) story short, one way I went about trying to help us decide was by measurement. All I did was simply ask my OL how wide her butt was and we'd match it up with the same width 2up seat set. She got really miffed and I'm still working off the demerits.

Where did I go wrong??? I thought that would be a simple and scientific way to select.

:eek: :p :eek:

· Registered
345 Posts
Best time to select a new seat is near the end of the riding day... ie, stop by the dealership or whereever and butt press a few seats for comfort... If the bike seat you rode in on feels better then the seat you are trying, keep looking....

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.