V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Had a 2001 Road King with stock seat... Wife hated it so I purchased the Road King Classic touring seat.. Wife and I loved it... Later sold the bike with the stock seat on it...... Was bikeless for 6 months then went bike crazy again, bought a new Sportster and new Road king Classic 03 and at the same time a new Sundowner seat for the Road king... Wife commented on the new seat saying the ride didn't feel as comfortable as she had on the older Road King so without here knowledge... I put on my older Road king Touring Seat..... Her comments were... "what did you do? Change out the shocks or something, the ride feels much better". So there you have it... Without any knowledge on her part... just the feeling in her butt, she chose the older style Road King Touring Seat over the Newer Sundowner Road king seat...... As far as I'm concerned my butt felt no difference between them.... Harly was nice enough to give me a refund on the Sundowner.... Don't know how the difference would have been on any other model bike

· Registered
345 Posts
Best time to select a new seat is near the end of the riding day... ie, stop by the dealership or whereever and butt press a few seats for comfort... If the bike seat you rode in on feels better then the seat you are trying, keep looking....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.