V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I put the sundowner on my 02 FXDX and Yes it is a LARGE look but it is a LARGE saddle with plenty of cushion. My wife rode 225 miles on the stock seat and informed me about 1/2 wat home that she was completely numb. She was miserable for 2 days and would NOT get back on the stocker. The sundowner is 12 " wide for the rider and 16" wide for the driver. The padding is 2 times Plus as thick so you do sit higher (if reach is an issue,,, I lost about 1.5 " total from the road due to height and leg angle, no prob for me though)
You do loose leg clearance width wise when putting yer feet down at stops but the fit is an easy slip.
I personally use a Knurled chrome knob for the nut to hold the seat on and I throw the stocker on when I fly solo and then do a quick swap for the wife. Another inportant fact is that all saddles "rub" the fender differently and a larger saddle typically leaves larger rub areas. The sundowner does not leave visible rubs behind when the stocker is reinstalled.
PS with the sundowner I can preload the shocks more and stiffen the dampening (FXDX suspension) and still make her comfort but still get a good handling attitude. I had to set the suspension to SLOP with the stocker to keep from shattering her little arsk while trying to achieve a balance so as to not Bottom out.
As for looks,,, When we are Both riding,,, you cant see the darn thing hardly at all anyway,,, and EVERY scooter looks like Hell when a pretty gal is on the back with a scowl cursing the day you were born.
Party On and God Bless.
Heres an older shot of the sundowner on the rig.

· Premium Member
1,245 Posts
And a view from the back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.