V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the H-D slipons on my 883 Custom. Not as loud as I thought they would be. Is there much diff between the H-D's and the SE's. Or do they get a little louder after some miles? Don't want anything deafening like straights but want a little noise. Thanks

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
I have the Screaming Eagle 2's and I don't think they are loud enough. I have read the Screaming Eagle 1's are louder and the Cycle Shack slip on I have read are also louder and cheaper.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
What type do you got? Slash cut or tapepared? I thought the S/C had a baffle that was removeable. Take them out & make the holes bigger- more noise.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a XL 1200 C with SE slash cut's... I do not think they are loud enough... I just looked at my mufflers and looks like they do have removable baffles.... looks like you can grinde off a rivet to remove the baffle... do not know what to put it back with??? I do not have a rivet that size... but feeling of it makes me think I need to find one it is getting loose...

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Shack slip ons go for about $120. I just put 'em on my dyna. Now I'm loud and proud !:D SE aren't loud at all. HD pipes are quiteter yet. EPA and other groups had something to do with that I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Nut and bolt them Moe. You may need to fasion a L shape tool to hook the baffles and pull them out. A slide hammer works great. You can clean up the outer edge of the baffles to make them slip back in easer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I put Cycle Shacks on today. Best bang for the buck hands down. Look and sound way better than the SEII's. Lemme tell ya, the whole personality of the bike changed...mean, snarly and bitchin' now...:D I can't see how anybody would want to modify the baffles on Cycle Shacks-they sound as close to straight pipes as you can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts