V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
nightwolf said:
I have read a few forums that say you can use the race turner on more than 1 bike if this is true how? Any help would be great
%[email protected]

I agree with Vienna Hog...nice first post.

And since you heard it on another forum it must be true...hmm...There must be something wrong with my SERT then since I can't get to work on my FatbOy after using it with my Ultra...hmmm...LOL

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
nightwolf said:
I have read a few forums that say you can use the race turner on more than 1 bike if this is true how? Any help would be great
%[email protected]
You can use the SERT on any EFI bike as long as you install the ECM that's married to the SERT on the bike your looking to use it on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets try this again.
Can the SERT be used on more than 1 bike? Are there any ways to unlock the protection feature that only allow it to used on a single bike? I was told by a speed shop that they could reprogram the unit to the new bike if this is true how?

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
nightwolf said:
Lets try this again.
Can the SERT be used on more than 1 bike? Are there any ways to unlock the protection feature that only allow it to used on a single bike? I was told by a speed shop that they could reprogram the unit to the new bike if this is true how?
I never seen or heard of it being done....I've worked with some of the developers of the Race Tuner at the Motor Co and when a ECM went bad they replaced the SERT too, point being if the MoCo don't do it I doubt if your speed shop can do it.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
nightwolf said:
Lets try this again.
If you unlock the feature you may very well get into a copyright issue or other legal conflicts with the MoCo on the one hand. On the other hand discussing the pirating of software should not take place in this forum. The MoCo is definitely monitoring the sites for sh$$t like this

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
HDMD88 said:
I never seen or heard of it being done....I've worked with some of the developers of the Race Tuner at the Motor Co and when a ECM went bad they replaced the SERT too, point being if the MoCo don't do it I doubt if your speed shop can do it.
If the ecm goes bad HD reflashes the new ecm which will contain your vin number and your Sert will work with it and not have to be replaced. Some HD dealers will try to tell you that you can't so you buy a new Sert.

I can tell you from selling my old sert and ecm to another person that when they put it on their bike it would not run. Turns out the TSSM is also married to the ecm so without the TSSM HD tried to tell the guy he needed a whole new wiring harness for about $1500

Well if you go back in the archives you will see some posts by me where other members explained how to do it. I told the guy that bought my ecm and sert, he showed his HD dealer in California and now they had a different tune. All he needed from me was my Vin number and HD flashed it so now the TSSM ECM and Sert all worked just fine.

So there is a lot of BS floating around out there with many dealers not telling the truth to make you spend another $400 bucks give or take.

Do your homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
wildey said:
If the ecm goes bad HD reflashes the new ecm which will contain your vin number and your Sert will work with it and not have to be replaced. Some HD dealers will try to tell you that you can't so you buy a new Sert.

I can tell you from selling my old sert and ecm to another person that when they put it on their bike it would not run. Turns out the TSSM is also married to the ecm so without the TSSM HD tried to tell the guy he needed a whole new wiring harness for about $1500

Well if you go back in the archives you will see some posts by me where other members explained how to do it. I told the guy that bought my ecm and sert, he showed his HD dealer in California and now they had a different tune. All he needed from me was my Vin number and HD flashed it so now the TSSM ECM and Sert all worked just fine.

So there is a lot of BS floating around out there with many dealers not telling the truth to make you spend another $400 bucks give or take.

Do your homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so what are you saying....the SERT can be used with other ECMS as long as you install the old vin and TSSM numbers in the new ECM?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
HDMD88 said:
so what are you saying....the SERT can be used with other ECMS as long as you install the old vin and TSSM numbers in the new ECM?
What I am saying is that 1, you don't have to buy a new SERT if your ECM goes bad and has to be replaced. HD wants you to believe that. But all HD has to do and will do it anyway is download the flash that will contain your Vin in it. Then when they plug in your SERT they can then go into their data base (if you had it tuned there) and reload the map you had.

2. Your sert can be used on another bike if you take the ecm with it, but it also will require a re-flash by HD that contains your vin number so that the TSSM which is married to the Ecm will now be remarried. HD will tell you that they can't do it. But I promise you that the guy who bought my ECM and SERT did it in California.

Here are the links to all my questions when I was selling them posted on here. Read these threads.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107959

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107908

·
<><
3,971 Posts
nightwolf said:
Lets try this again.
It's called stealing. And it has nothing to do with HD being right or wrong for what they're doing (matching the SERT to 1 ECM, making it not portable).

If you want a portable tuner, get a Power Commander. Don't steal.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
It's called stealing. And it has nothing to do with HD being right or wrong for what they're doing (matching the SERT to 1 ECM, making it not portable).

If you want a portable tuner, get a Power Commander. Don't steal.

Im just curious, have you ever copied someone elses music cd? or borrowed someones program software to install on your computer? or maybe downloaded some music with bearshare or other programs off the web??

Come on be honest now. I can promise you that everyone including yourself has done something that would qualify as stealing or copyright infringment etc at one time or another.

Now im not disagreeing with you but he didn't steal it because he bought it! Now hacking it so it works with multiple ecms that would be like installing a software program with 1 license on 2 computers.

At a cost of $350 or higher I don't blame him for wanting to know and im sure there would be many others too that would if they could.

The real trick would be to flash all ecm's on all bikes so that the vin number which the sert is looking for would be found and the same on all of them.

Now find what you need to do that and you will get what you want.

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
wildey said:
Im just curious, have you ever copied someone elses music cd? or borrowed someones program software to install on your computer? or maybe downloaded some music with bearshare or other programs off the web??

Come on be honest now. I can promise you that everyone including yourself has done something that would qualify as stealing or copyright infringment etc at one time or another.

Now im not disagreeing with you but he didn't steal it because he bought it! Now hacking it so it works with multiple ecms that would be like installing a software program with 1 license on 2 computers.

At a cost of $350 or higher I don't blame him for wanting to know and im sure there would be many others too that would if they could.

The real trick would be to flash all ecm's on all bikes so that the vin number which the sert is looking for would be found and the same on all of them.

Now find what you need to do that and you will get what you want.
Ahhhh....maybe some of us don't steal.....DO YOUR HOME WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I have seen an old tuner that could be used on any bike, I saw it work. I don't think that it works on 05up models, I am sure that they are not legal.

·
Got Jet Fuel ?
75 Posts
to answer his Question truthfully and honest, Yes there are or was software that for the earlier versions of the Sert tuner that had the ACK/NACK or handshake function removed! this would allow you to use 1 dongle on multiple ecms. it worked on versions prior to v3.5 and v4.0. (ie. read ILLEGAL)

Nowadays the the Legal workaround is to purchase your own J1939 protocol adapter,provided you have a current and legal software) (ie Dongle)which has the ability to rewrite itself each and every time it is plugged in.
the internet is a wonderful tool, do your research and homework, these tools, like any good tools carrys a price$$ ( please note. a legal version of software is still required )

·
Free is Good
41 Posts
The Data Mode can be used on more than one bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts