V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H-D has a new xenon gas headlamp bulb that is 55/100. I have been upgrading all of the lights on my bike (03 FLHRCI) and just wanted your thoughts on any problem I might create for the wireing harness or battery while running on high beams.

Next question -- is the bulb a simple plug-in when I remove headlight or is there more to it - don' t have a repair manual and the owner's manual is worthless.

Thanks for any input--

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I bought one at NAPA, lot cheaper than what the dealer wanted. Real simple to change, don't think you want to touch the bulb is all.

·
BFFB
833 Posts
hey i got the napa 100 hi beam too.really makes a difference,,,been running one 2 years with no problems to wireing

looks like a frieght train on a narrow country road with trees on each side

G

·
I got a Xenon 55/60 from JCWhitney ... brighter (and I leave it on high-beam most of the time...), the bluish tint really stands out and it cost about $15. Since it doesn't draw any more current than the standard bulb, I don't have to worry about melting the lamp housing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey - Thanks for all the responses -- I'm going to get the 55/100 xenon bulb and put it in. The Kuryaykan LEDs and H-D halogen riding lights already make a difference. Most of my riding is in the daylight but I never want them to say they didn't see me--conspicuity!

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
This is all very shocking to me...are you saying the HD bulb is just an overpriced ordinary aftermarket bulb? Astonishing!!!....

hehe

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I know I'm coming in late & this is a real stupid question, but what to these numbers (55/60, 55/100, etc.) mean?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Instead of just changing the bulb, is anybody running a HID conversion kit with a ballast? Looking for recommendations/experiences. There was a Phoenix based company - RM that offered them, but they are lights out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nlallas said:
Instead of just changing the bulb, is anybody running a HID conversion kit with a ballast? Looking for recommendations/experiences. There was a Phoenix based company - RM that offered them, but they are lights out.
Try HID4less.com

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They are still there but they were / are primarily a NSX and other high end racing shop, they decided there wasn't enough volume in the HID business.

http://www.rmnsx.com/home.htm

Their systems were of extraordinary quality and priced accordingly, hard to compete on quality when dealing with stuff the majority isn't really familiar with.

Changing over to a euro spec reflector gains you as much or more then the bulbs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Hippo - where can you get the euro spec reflectors and do they fit the standred housing on the RKC? Why are they better?

·
Registered
688 Posts
What is the NAPA xenon P/N for the 55/100 and the xenon passing lamps?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts