V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running the new H-D hydraulic primary tensioner? I thinking of installing one during my 95" build and wondering if it will hold up to approx 100/100? How's their reputation so far?

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Mine works, but the chain seems kind of tight. I've been told that it's about 50/50. Some chains are tight, some are not. I haven't heard much else. No noise, easy to shift, a lot of the "clunk" is gone, easy to find neutral.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Guess I'm way behind (again)...

Has Harley since come out with a hydraulic version primary chain tensioner??? I know of the new mechanical, ratcheting style one.

Tom

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
mtmtrspt said:
Guess I'm way behind (again)...

Has Harley since come out with a hydraulic version primary chain tensioner??? I know of the new mechanical, ratcheting style one.

Tom
I agree. I didn't think the Harley one was hydraulic...:huh:

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I can tell you this that the tensioner on the 06 dyna is ratcheting. I don't know if this is a new design but I do know that they re did the primary for the 06. It sucks because I wanted to go to 3.37 gearing but they changed everything.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
floyd78 said:
I can tell you this that the tensioner on the 06 dyna is ratcheting. I don't know if this is a new design but I do know that they re did the primary for the 06. It sucks because I wanted to go to 3.37 gearing but they changed everything.
I thought the new one was hydraulic but I stand corrected. Ratcheting...how does that work? I take it you haven't had any problems with it...mechanically? Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
No problems! Seems to work fine so far...I will take some pics the next time I have the cover off.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Got my H-B 125 on ebay for $65 + shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts