V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Ultra and found the audio system sounds crappy. I immediately changed the speakers to Hogtunes. That helped, but seems like the system needs more power to get clearer sound and less distortion. I was thinking of adding the H.D. high output amplifier. Anyone have experience with this amp and what kind of difference it makes? Advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I had that amp on my last bike while it helps greatly I wouldn't go that direction. Since you already have the Hog Tunes speakers get the Hog Tunes AMP Sounds great.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
I don't ride a bagger, but a thought crossed my mind...

Would a normal sized stereo fit where the radio goes? If so, try looking into a marine grade head unit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Amp

I have the h-d amp. My friend has the same on his 04. He swears by it. I think the amp is a little better but not earth shattering.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
I dont know what HD gets for their amps or how good they are, but check this guy out. I have one of his amps, not the Amplirider which is specifficly for motorcycles, and it is super. Great power, great fidelity and tough as nails. He is the designer and builder and he will work with you to answer questions and possibly modify to your needs. Check him out http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplifiers.html He is a power and fidelity freak.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have the HD enhanced sound system with the HD amp, its not all that. Its better than stock but still substandard in my opinion. Still get speaker distortion and cracking at high volume levels at highway speeds, 75-85. As soon as I find the best aftermarket system I will be swapping it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts