1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the HD #51562-00 for my 02 Heritage a while back and it's
crap! The concept is good, the foam is good, and the adjustable backrest
is sweet. But the gas adjustment cylinder is directly below your butt and
takes valuable space, so the seat makes you sit about 2 inches foward and about 1.5 inches taller. And there is no pocket to sit in, I kept sliding foward at every stoplight. I actually carved out some of the foam for a better pocket, but it's still a 600 dollar boat anchor. Maybe for a shorter
person it would work. I am going to the Hollister Corbin factory to have
a Dual Touring seat custom made with their softer foam. The standard foam is too hard for my wifes cute little butt.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was considering this exact seat for my Heritage. I may change my mind after reading your post.

Let us know how the custom Corbin seat works out for you.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before I bought the HD Backrest seat, I went to about 10 Harley dealers in SoCal to have a close look at it but no dealer had one in stock so I bought it sight unseen. BIG mistake. No wonder they had none, it's not very popular, and now I know why. And now that I unstapled it and carved out the foam and restapled it, I can't return it. The Factory puts out crap! I plan to have Corbin use the soft foam in the rear half and their regular foam in the front half of my custom Dual Touring seat next month. I am really hoping my first Corbin seat will work out cause I do a lot of long trips like Sturgis two weeks ago. I will follow up this post when the seat is on my bike. Later, jefro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts