V-Twin Forum banner

H-D Gourmet Dinner Ride - Video

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Harley Dog 
#1 ·
Found myself alone at home late yesterday afternoon :(. Or is it :). All righty then, winter weather cooperating, gonna take the bike to a fancy dinner destination. Gonna treat myself. Connected the camcorder to the handlebars as the winter sun slipped towards the horizon.

H-D Gourmet Dinner Ride - Streaming Video

See less See more
#9 ·
similar terrain

Although Colorado and Vermont have similar terrain, and I live like you do, 5 miles down an unimproved dirt road, there is no way in gods green earth, I could get my bike down to the better improved road this time of year. Then there is MUD season, when the mud is slick enough and deep enough to swallow a school bus let alone my much smaller two wheeled friend. Thats from about April 15 till end of May. Yesterday it was -5 F with white out snow and 20 mph wind. :badmood:

Hey they don't use salt in your neck of Colorado? Man, I loved the video. Wish it was me!

#14 ·
xkvator said:
i enjoyed the ride:thumbsup: ...what camera are you using & how did you mount it?
Thanks everyone. It will be a dinner ride I take over and over again over the years. An experience only the two wheels from Milwaukee can uniquely deliver. How ho-hum would it have been making the run in a four wheeled thing? Mounted a fairly old and small Canon Elura 50 MiniDV camcorder to a RAM mount attached to the handlebars. The small cam helped as the lens was about 1/2" from the windshield.

Good riding in 2006!

#15 ·
rickr01 said:
Although Colorado and Vermont have similar terrain, and I live like you do, 5 miles down an unimproved dirt road, there is no way in gods green earth, I could get my bike down to the better improved road this time of year. Then there is MUD season, when the mud is slick enough and deep enough to swallow a school bus let alone my much smaller two wheeled friend. Thats from about April 15 till end of May. Yesterday it was -5 F with white out snow and 20 mph wind. :badmood:

Hey they don't use salt in your neck of Colorado? Man, I loved the video. Wish it was me!
Rick... I've read about mud season in Vermont! Still, hope to ride New England one of these days/years. It is on my short list. Here in Colorado no salt, but magnesium chloride is sprayed on occasion and more often, trigger happy road & bridge employees drop the sand with a vengeance.

#16 ·
The Logger

sfarson said:
Rick... I've read about mud season in Vermont! Still, hope to ride New England one of these days/years. It is on my short list. Here in Colorado no salt, but magnesium chloride is sprayed on occasion and more often, trigger happy road & bridge employees drop the sand with a vengeance.

sfarson,

and anybody else looking for a great laugh, there is a local comic here in Vermont, who has performed in New York etc. Rusty Dewees his video tape is called the Logger. If you want a sense of rural Vermont life to include mud season pick up this tape. It's hilarious and sooo true!

Give me a shout, (anyone) if you plan a Vermont trip. I have an open door including room, garage, steak and beer! Also sfarson, I am sure my road will remind you of yours! :yes:

#18 ·
rickr01 said:
there is no way in gods green earth, I could get my bike down to the better improved road this time of year. Then there is MUD season, when the mud is slick enough and deep enough to swallow a school bus let alone my much smaller two wheeled friend.
Take the fenders off and put some big honk'n knobbies on that puppy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.