V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found myself alone at home late yesterday afternoon :(. Or is it :). All righty then, winter weather cooperating, gonna take the bike to a fancy dinner destination. Gonna treat myself. Connected the camcorder to the handlebars as the winter sun slipped towards the horizon.

H-D Gourmet Dinner Ride - Streaming Video

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Absolutely fantastic! Puts you right in the seat! Let us know as soon as you do that again! Thanks for your outstanding effort and sharing.

Thorns

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
i enjoyed the ride:thumbsup: ...what camera are you using & how did you mount it?

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
-5f

Damn yesterday here it was -5 F with a 20 mph wind and drifting snow!

Damn cold! The Garage was where i spent my day!

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
I love your videos. My SO sends me the links from the MOA board. Thanx!

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
similar terrain

Although Colorado and Vermont have similar terrain, and I live like you do, 5 miles down an unimproved dirt road, there is no way in gods green earth, I could get my bike down to the better improved road this time of year. Then there is MUD season, when the mud is slick enough and deep enough to swallow a school bus let alone my much smaller two wheeled friend. Thats from about April 15 till end of May. Yesterday it was -5 F with white out snow and 20 mph wind. :badmood:

Hey they don't use salt in your neck of Colorado? Man, I loved the video. Wish it was me!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Awesome video!! :thumbsup:

·
it wasn't me
340 Posts
It's taking a hell of a long time to load, but I watched the first two mintes so far. Great ride but I do not envy your roads. I'm glad to see that doesn't stop you.

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
Thanks for the smile dude. Great vid. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
xkvator said:
i enjoyed the ride:thumbsup: ...what camera are you using & how did you mount it?
Thanks everyone. It will be a dinner ride I take over and over again over the years. An experience only the two wheels from Milwaukee can uniquely deliver. How ho-hum would it have been making the run in a four wheeled thing? Mounted a fairly old and small Canon Elura 50 MiniDV camcorder to a RAM mount attached to the handlebars. The small cam helped as the lens was about 1/2" from the windshield.

Good riding in 2006!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rickr01 said:
Although Colorado and Vermont have similar terrain, and I live like you do, 5 miles down an unimproved dirt road, there is no way in gods green earth, I could get my bike down to the better improved road this time of year. Then there is MUD season, when the mud is slick enough and deep enough to swallow a school bus let alone my much smaller two wheeled friend. Thats from about April 15 till end of May. Yesterday it was -5 F with white out snow and 20 mph wind. :badmood:

Hey they don't use salt in your neck of Colorado? Man, I loved the video. Wish it was me!
Rick... I've read about mud season in Vermont! Still, hope to ride New England one of these days/years. It is on my short list. Here in Colorado no salt, but magnesium chloride is sprayed on occasion and more often, trigger happy road & bridge employees drop the sand with a vengeance.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
The Logger

sfarson said:
Rick... I've read about mud season in Vermont! Still, hope to ride New England one of these days/years. It is on my short list. Here in Colorado no salt, but magnesium chloride is sprayed on occasion and more often, trigger happy road & bridge employees drop the sand with a vengeance.

sfarson,

and anybody else looking for a great laugh, there is a local comic here in Vermont, who has performed in New York etc. Rusty Dewees his video tape is called the Logger. If you want a sense of rural Vermont life to include mud season pick up this tape. It's hilarious and sooo true!

Give me a shout, (anyone) if you plan a Vermont trip. I have an open door including room, garage, steak and beer! Also sfarson, I am sure my road will remind you of yours! :yes:

·
Registered
645 Posts
That video was awesome! Thanx for the reminder. Funny how i could watch it even in video and feel relaxed and joyous. Thanx!!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
rickr01 said:
there is no way in gods green earth, I could get my bike down to the better improved road this time of year. Then there is MUD season, when the mud is slick enough and deep enough to swallow a school bus let alone my much smaller two wheeled friend.
Take the fenders off and put some big honk'n knobbies on that puppy!

·
Registered
147 Posts
We are almost neighbors, that was the safeway at Conifer. That video was taken in August. That area has 20 feet of snow now.:whistle: I wish Colorado had weather like that in mid January.;) ;) :whisper:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts