V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fall 2001 issue features a story on the Streetfighter X1W...and pics of the new 2002 line-up....very impressive looking bikes..

Boar 6

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buell

Are you going to keep your Buell when you get the VROD in?

Should be any day now right? Think I saw a truck with a crateful of VRODs headed south from Milwaukee jackknifed on the highway with silver motorcycle parts scattered everywhere.

Ok, just kidding...:)

B6

·
Registered
131 Posts
Boar6-
Actually, I have 2 Buells. I'm keeping my old one, the '91, but I'm trying to sell the other, a '96 S2T.
I really like Buells, and after owning one for 10 years, I can't see not having one.
The resale is dissappointing, though. I don't know if I'll ever buy a new one again. Never say never, right?:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I really like the Buells also, but have always heard a lot of negative comments about the reliability.How many miles have you put on yours and how have they held up? Thanks:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
bub-
My '91 has 36K miles on it. It has been one of the best bikes I've had.
I had to replace a shifter fork on it, last year, but other than that, it's been OK.
My '96 has only 7K on it, but so far, nothing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How is the long distance comfort?I really like the look of the Cyclone,but was curious how it was on distance runs 400-500 miles a day?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
131 Posts
4-500 miles?
I guess that would depend on how you have the bike setup. The adjustable suspension would help you alot, that is set it up soft and roll! The M2 Cyclone doesn't have a fairing, so you would have to figure out how much wind you can stand. It also has more of an upright seating position.
My farthest trip on my '91 was to the dirttrack races one time. 350 miles there, sat in the grandstands all day, 350 miles home. Other than my ass feeling like it was tattooed to the seat, I was OK. It was hurting. That bike has a good fairing and more of a laydown riding position, so the wind blast didn't fatigue me as much as it could have.
My farthest trip on the '96 was about 300 miles one day. It has higher bars and lower pegs than the other bike, so it was a snap.
The '91 gets better mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
bub
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing