V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Premium Member
304 Posts
With the Harley module everything works just as before with the added function of the brake lights on the turn signals.

I think the reason it is not stock is because some states do not allow red turn signals. There is a warning in the package about checking your state laws before changing the lenses to red.

· Registered
109 Posts
Frank, thanks for the info on the H-D module. Will research Kuryakyn to see if the self-cancelling feature of the turn signals is not affected. I won't give up this feature, it's a life saver. If I didn't have it, I would add it.

· Registered
399 Posts
Fulldraw and Gbenner, I too am thinking Kuryakyn is the way to go on my Heritage. Did either of you have any problem hooking up the module? On reading their instructions on line it states not to hook up the second part until you check the lights then hook it up. What is this all about, either you experience this?

Tom

· Registered
109 Posts
Tom, That's the way I read it also. I guess one dosn't buy the equalizer module until one fines out if the first module works. I'm not in that much of a hurry to where I can't wait to see if I need it. I also have to order the red turn signal lenses to replace the amber ones. For the price this seems to beat everything else out there.

· Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
877 Posts
Hey UNOME! I also ordered the Kuryakyn Panacea light kit. The tailight came in and the turn signals will be in on Thursday. I also ordered the front turn signal inserts so it will be ALL LED's. Did you have any problems with the turn signals working being all LED's?

Also, I'm a Marietta boy so hopefully we'll see each other someday.

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Sent you PM that I don't have the front turn signals(yet :D ). I read somewhere that if you have LEDs on front & back you have to use 2 load eqaulizers. I'll try to find where I got that and post here.

· Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
877 Posts
Well, I finally installed the Kuryakyn LED Panacea lights (both front and rear) and I LOVE them. I did, however have to install a second load equalizer when using the front LED lights too. It's a great looking lighting system now and MUCH safer. Wish they had them for my CAR!

· Premium Member
372 Posts
I installed 3 additional safety items on my bike. First, the triple tail light -- all red lenses. Second, a blinking headlight; I leave it on high beam at all times; it blinks at a set rate during the daylight, and goes to steady light at night; it does seem to catch the attention of more cagers. Third, a mega horn; it is really loud (if fact, it has done more to save my butt in the last 2 weeks than I can express). Yeah, I also upped the pipes a little (but, from what I've read, the jury is out). I heartily recommend all these tricks. We gotta watch out. All the cagers are craze predators.

· Registered
334 Posts
A couple more questions ... an earlier post mentioned the difficulty in finding a red single filament rear bulb ... has anyone found a source for these? What about super loud horns (electric, not air) that fit in the same space as stock horn?
Thanks!

· Registered
99 Posts
I went to the HD dealer to buy the MOCO brake light kit -$28 bucks and only works the brake lights. The salesman told me I really wanted the Kuryakin kit that also turns rear turn signals into running lights -$38 bucks plus 5$ for red lenses. He was right-works like a charm. Took me 15 minutes to install. Just remove seat, disconnect battery, pop the new module in line, replace everything and remove amber lenses and put red ones in and you are good to go. The instruction say that you probably need the load equalizer for models with self cancelling signals, but it comes with kit. Hot Flash Turn Brake Controller #4861 for Softails 96 on up. Pelican

· I ain't right
373 Posts
I just installed the Kuryakyn Panacea brake light system, along with the rear turn, runing light, brake light and upgraded the front turn signals with the led also. What a sweet system. Easy to install, works greast and HIGHLY visable. I went with the new smoked lense on the front and rear. I insatlled the deluxe taillight with the blue led.

· Registered
457 Posts
Ok another new guy Dumb Question.? For better visability when braking
could a second High Mounted brake light be used ? Like on a car?
Maybe mounted to a High sissy bar?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.