V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,445 Posts
I assume you mean the part that converts the turn signals to brake lights, so that you now have 3 brake lites vs 1? I use a similar switch from kuryaken(sp) which does that but also converts the turn signals into running lights (i.e. 3 rear lites at all times). They also serve as add'l brakes lights.

I agree, hard to figure why this isn't stock (although I suspecy i can guess).

· Registered
1,445 Posts
Mark, its just a relay switch which goes inline under the seat (at least on my road king). I used Kuryaken, about $45. Now, when the ignition is on, in addition the the rear taillight, the turn signals are lit (i,e, running lights). The turn signals also work as brake lights, getting brighter when the brakes are applied, in addition to the regular brake light. It just adds more lighting to the rear by letting the turn signals do double or triple duty (on the HD relay, its lets them serve as brakes lights, but not as running lights, not sure why. I wanted all three).

It took about 20 minutes to install (most figuring out how to remove the seat the first time). Just unplug the existing relay and add the new one in line.

Kind of a no brainer as far as i could tell, greg

· Registered
1,445 Posts
BTW, i just noticed this eve, that the Kuryaken (don't know about HD) also turns front turn signals into running lights, so 5 lights up front. The turn lites don't help the rider but I like to be seen.

· Registered
1,445 Posts
Logical/Steve3, just a little brain fade. Forgot the fronts were already running lights (since the relay fit into the rear light harness it would have been a pretty neat trick to affect the front lights (LOL). greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.