V-Twin Forum banner

H-d bomm

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Fury 
#1 ·
There use to be a device out there that was called H-D BOMM. It would interface with your Zumo GPS and your Harley audio and allow you to speak using your headset through your smart phone while riding.. I know I know but it is hands free. I have one of these units and installed a few on friends bikes as well. They work very well. BUT the website now seems gone with no contact from what I can see. Anybody know what happened to this company?

#5 ·
I know this is an old thread but there are some still searching for these. I have not verified the contact number but this is from his installation materials from a couple years ago.

Jim Bissonette and the phone number on the instructions is 302-670-6368

Here is a video that is still up on YouTube:

#8 ·
Try his old email I have bissonej53@gmail.com
He may still produce the units or have some left over stock.
I suspect the older the unit become and as the electronics on the newer bikes continues to evolve the Bomm will become obsolete.

That said mine still works great and the ones I installed on friends bikes still work just fine.
Good Morning! I tried to contact you through this email, but without success.
I recently discovered that there is a Kennedy Tec kit. with the same purpose as HD-Bomm.
Has anyone heard of Kennedy Technology Group (Connect your cellular cell phone to your aviation or).

#11 ·
I had issues with noise on bike to bike communication using the H-D Bomme. Works well when calling a non bike cell phone. I suspect noise from the ignition system on the engine. The HD Bomme is unshielded.

#12 ·
The HD Bomm is isolated so you won’t experience engine noise through it. Engine noise can be injected into the audio system in a number of ways. The most common is from the use of a non isolated power supply on the phones side of the equation. Make sure your power supply is isolate, they will state that they are isolated if they are. Inexpensive ones usually are not.

i don’t know why you can’t get in touch using the email of bissonej81@gmail.com it is my email address and I have not noticed any issues with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.