V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know why there's a note on ALL of the axle nut covers in the H-D catalog that states that they will NOT work with saddle bags?

I wasn't going to put them on my Heritage because the axle nuts really weren't visible. That is until this past weekend when I installed the detachable sideplates/hardware. Now they are a lot easier to see.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I dunno... I saw that too, but there's about half a foot between my axle nut and the closest part of the bag.

heheheheh, I said "nut" and "bag" :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DrHeathenScum said:
I dunno... I saw that too, but there's about half a foot between my axle nut and the closest part of the bag.

heheheheh, I said "nut" and "bag" :)
Yeah...I can't see how it could be a clearance issue...especially with the detachable hardware.

LOL! You did...you did say "nut" and "bag"! :nono:

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Put the axle nut covers on my Heritage last year - they don't come close to the bags; at least with the detachable mounting system (Easybrackets).

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
DM-SC said:
Any one know why there's a note on ALL of the axle nut covers in the H-D catalog that states that they will NOT work with saddle bags?

I wasn't going to put them on my Heritage because the axle nuts really weren't visible. That is until this past weekend when I installed the detachable sideplates/hardware. Now they are a lot easier to see.
I converted my leather bags to hard detachable HD tour bags. On one side
the axle covers rubbed enough to kick the bag out of the lower support.
Finall took them off as I usually leave the bags on anyway.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
You could problably add a spacer or two to the mounting bracket to push the saddle bags out a little more to clear the covers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts