V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, I'm looking for a poster that I saw a long time ago. It's of Stevie Ray Vaughn sittin on his Harley with his trademark hat. Some of you might have seen it as well. May be some one knows where I can get a copy?
I can't find it in the world, anywhere. Any help is appreciated. I tried ebay and will continue to do so, but no joy so far.
Cheers, BigR.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This one?

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a good one

That's even better than the one I was referring to!
Got any spares???
Cheers, BigR.

·
Registered
272 Posts
bigr said:
That's even better than the one I was referring to!
Got any spares???
Cheers, BigR.
I wish I had one of my own. I took that picture at the Harley-Davidson Cafe when I was in Las Vegas earlier this year. You could probably call them and ask them for a reproduction of it or at least where to get one though.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies

Thanks Stale and Homer. As I'm not familiar with either location, can you provide a bit more info so I can look those up?
Much obliged,
Cheers, BigR.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I searched all over the net and couldn't find even a pic posted anywhere .. if anyone gets lucky with this please post.

FYI

Harley-Davidson Cafe

3725 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Tel: 702.740-4555
Fax: 702.740-4222

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Notice how many legends rode Harleys , Jimi , Stevie Ray , Jerry Garcia, Duane Allman, Barry Oakley ..nothin but the best for the best

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Free beer.....

Right on folks.
My boy is a guitar & Harley nut. Not unlike myself, for sure. I am building a garage for the Harleys with a jam session room upstairs, overhead. It's gonna be cool. But I can't for the life of me, find that f--kin poster of Stevie Ray sittin on that Harley! I can get the Hendrix / Harley poster, but Stevie is hard to get. Any help is greatly appreciated. Free beer or t-shirt to the good man (or woman) who can get me one! Seasons greetings to forum membership.
Cheers, BigR.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
forgot to mention....

Any other guitar slingers on (or near) a Harley posters out there in the world??
Starting a collection so if you can add any ideas, please go ahead.
Cheers, BigR.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Jimi Hendrix:

Sting:

Steve Perry:

Billy Joel:

Snapped all those pics in Las Vegas earlier this year. The H-D Cafe pics start here:

http://www.bandhproductions.com/pictures/vegas2005/vegas 156.html

There are a bunch more pics as well, if you don't mind looking at my wife and my ugly mug :D I got married on the big red Heritage I have in the archive somewhere.

*EDIT - Here it is:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Big R, if you want, I have really high res images of those pictures I just posted. They're probably good enough to print out into a small poster. Let me know if you want any of them and I'll get 'em over to you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
everythingZen said:
Not to throw a wrench in your whole picture idea, but how'd Elvis manage to get himself on a Blockhead? I know rockstars can get their hands on things before they're released, but didn't Elvis buy the farm in '77? :lol:

·
Ridin' with the King
1,352 Posts
slo100 said:
I always liked this one. Probably not too many Van Halen fans on this forum though...lol.

Wasn't that from Guitar Player mag in the '80s? I think it was a Kramer Guitars ad wasn't it?

BTW, I played Soldanos for a few years and love them. Right now I am playing a Bogner Shiva and it is great but man I would love to have an SLO100 too. Oh well, gotta save some money to spend on the scoot ;)

-Frank

·
Ridin' with the King
1,352 Posts
stale said:
Not to throw a wrench in your whole picture idea, but how'd Elvis manage to get himself on a Blockhead? I know rockstars can get their hands on things before they're released, but didn't Elvis buy the farm in '77? :lol:
Looks like a Shovel to me.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah it's a shovel, and that Elvis kinda looks like a chick! Gotta keep this thread goin to find that f--king poster!
Cheers, BigR.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stale

Yeah Stale if you can forward high res snappos I'd like to try printing them off. Can you pm for my home e-mail?
Cheers, BigR.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts