V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone:

I noticed, or at least did not see a section for Group Buys. If anyone is interested, maybe we could start one up here. I have done this before when ordering aftermarket parts for my car and the savings is substantial.

It usually consists of someone calling up the vendor, for instance, Wild 1 Inc. and asking them if we can get a discount of say 10% off Chubby RK's if 10 people buy together.

Most vendors we have dealt with are excited about it because it is a win-win situation.

Post here if you are interested and we'll see what happens.

I know I need a set of V&H Big Shot Staggereds for my Heritage!!!!!

Anyone.....Anyone!!!!

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
I'm game -- I run a diesel website where we do this all of the time. One of our members is the "GP guy" and it works well. I'm in the market for some Apes from Wild 1.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Hey sounds like a great idea! I have made a few purchases this way and it is a win-win situation for the vendor.

GW, sounds like your volunteering for being the GP guy? I can assist if possible by contacting some vendors.

Whats everyone in the market for besides for handlebars and exhaust?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
gwreyes said:
Hi Everyone:
I know I need a set of V&H Big Shot Staggereds for my Heritage!!!!!

Anyone.....Anyone!!!!
Damn, mine just came in!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Oh lets call Corbin and see if we can get a break on seats. I have noticed a lot of posts regarding seats. There is power in numbers.

Hay gwreyes, what car club are you in; we do that too with the car club I am in.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
gbenner said:
Chubby 508s for RK, greg

AND THEN TELEPORT THEM OVER HERE!!! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello All,
I'm a new member of the forum here and would like to offer my services. My name is Eric and I own a custom motorcycle accessory store by the name of Chrome SPAM. You guys let me know what you want. I can get it. Call my store 610-394-SPAM or visit my website www.chromespam.com
Peace and ride safe,
Eric

Oh, and I'll have to think about why I tried to spam the board and disguise it as a big favor. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Group buys sound great.

I ride a Dyna Wide Glide, in the minority with all the RK's and Softy's out there, but would be interested in group buys on a few things that might be generic to a lot of models:

Handlebars too - but mini-apes for the Dyna
Chrome Switch housings
Billet forward controls - HD or Kuryakyn
Medium height sissy bar
Steel braided lines for clutch, throttle, gas and oil lines

I will keep watching to see what pops up on this thread too.

WideGlider

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
eric, hello and welcome to the site. if you have not already contacted the site owner DPrice and asked permision for posts of this nature you may be looking for some grief. I and others may take this as spam, which is against our forum rules.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Eric Chrome said:
Hello All,
I'm a new member of the forum here and would like to offer my services. My name is Eric and I own a custom motorcycle accessory store by the name of Chrome Spam. You guys let me know what you want. I can get it. Call my store 610-394-spam or visit my website www.chromespam .com
Peace and ride safe,
Eric
Eric Chrome, have you considered being a sponsor--------------> right of screen!

With your low number of posts and the subject of this post you may want to think about it. You now need to put your Nomex suit on in preparation of what comes next! The SPAM swatter.

It's like this..the genuine vendors have made a financial commitment to the VTF to advertise their wares. Now you've come in offering services that may be seen as direct and unfair competition.

I would suggest reading the forum rules and guidelines closely!

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Tommy B: Contact me if you do one of YOUR kind of group buys ;)

Thealien: Considering Dave was the THIRD guy to post here and is enthused about this idea...GET SOME FRIGGIN GLASSES!!! :D
But I hate the taste of SPAM too ;)

WideGlider: I'm in the same boat as you as far as being in the minority.
Steel braided brake lines would be my choice.

Dep

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Deputy, maybe you should reread the whole thread you old fart !!!

DP was replying to gwreyes idea who was not profiting and DP said even he could contact venders, my post was about eric chrome posting about his own site, definately spam. Read the forum rules, just trying to be fair to our paying sponsors. In the end it is up to Dave and our moderators. I did not hit the report to moderator button, I spoke my mind in the open!!!

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Thealien said:
Deputy, maybe you should reread the whole thread you old fart !!!

DP was replying to gwreyes idea who was not profiting and DP said even he could contact venders, my post was about eric chrome posting about his own site, definately spam. Read the forum rules, just trying to be fair to our paying sponsors. In the end it is up to Dave and our moderators. I did not hit the report to moderator button, I spoke my mind in the open!!!
Oh yeah...I cleaned my bifocals and you're right. Never mind :D

WTF...it was early in the morning and I had insomnia and was tired after teasing the V-Rod owners. Gimme a break!! :D :D :D

Dep...eating egss and crowmeat for breakfast. :(

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Did I just witness a spankin':D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.