V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a set of Chrome or Billet Grips with a spike on the end of it, I'm coming to the end of customizing a 73 chopper, and the bike has a "spike" theme...they are on the axle covers, the foot rests, the shifter peg, the levers....the onlything i'm missing is the grips. I was wondering If anyone has any Idea where I can get a set. I've looked everywhere.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks kags, I saw those and if the lights weren't in they would work. I might just have to have a set made....I'm not having much luck.

thanks again

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check out the grips on the bike thats on the cover of American iron Magazine.

I think the tech sheet says excel makes them.

good luck and post a pic of that chop.

skno

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a long way from done SKno. How do you like the DWG. I just got the 2003 myself, black &silver. I've never rode anything like it, It's a big difference from my hardtail and my sportster

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love it

As you can see by my avitar i have the 03 Black & silver model
which i think is the true 100th aniversery model.

Man do i likr this bike..!!!!!! it is a dream come true for me..

It is my first harley..

I see you have other harley models! in your opinion did i get the right one.
(irealize this is a highly opiniated question)

I really cant compare since all i owned before were yamahonszkis.

I made my decision soley on what ive read and personal preference.

I had it narrowed down to the wideglide or the duce.

I guess we know which One i chose. FXDWG

:D

skno

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the ride of the Wide glide, and the look. I've not run into much of a problem with getting chrome parts, I had heard that the parts for the fxdwg were limited..but i'm not finding that to be true, although there are not as many aftermarket parts as there are for the softails, but so be it.

it's a great bike, I only have about 500 miles on my 2003. I want to take off the black and silver tank and fenders and put them away, I want to get another set and have a custom paint job done... switch back and forth when i get bored.

Good luck.....welcome to the wonderful world of Harley Davidson!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gator,

That was my impression!! the ride is ssuperior to the softail ( i cant figure out why they call it a softail its more like a hardtail. But alot of people like the hard tail look and it is sleek. thanks for the input!!!!!!
it is appreciated.

I bet there is not a lot of riding in Nu yowk right now we aare under the wheather so tho speek.

happydaays

skno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts