V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason (getting older, I know), my hands don't hold up to long rides as well as they used to. I've got a trip coming up in a few weeks and I either need to replace the stock grips with something a bit softer, maybe like an ISO grip, or go with some of the new gell padded gloves.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Either one works well. When I had the bike without cruise I went for the gloves for simplicity, but they only last one season, and because I'm one of the strange ones that likes the simple stock rubber grips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I am another one that have been satisfied with just the stock grips.......Though have always worn gloves matter not the weather.....Maybe just a habit form racing.
Would advise though to get riding gloves that are form fit for if not they will bunch up in the palm and will be uncomfortable.....Also a bit of padding in the palm is nice to have....

·
Registered
305 Posts
IMHO you just can't go wrong with the KuryAkyn Iso-Grips. I put them on all my bikes first thing, mainly for the comfort.

If you don't have cruise control, it's worth the extra $ to get their throttle boss also.

Cold Rider

1 - 4 of 4 Posts