V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greg Coen has comparative images of mapped and unmapped throttle bodies. He insists these are unretouched. I have no reason not to accept his opinion on the value of the PC II along with dyno tuning for optimum efficiency. So this leads me to wanting to spend several hundred more on my 01 FLHTC. What are others feelings of the aforementioned images ? Also since I am not experienced in the art of EFI mapping/tuning, what are feelings on the dynojet approved tuning centers ? There is one located in the metro Atlanta area.
Thanks, Printer

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
No reason to question Greg Coen. He does a lot of EFI work and has a good rep.

A PC and mapping with a eddy current dyno and sniffer with the auto mapping software is without question the way to go. The new software to some extent takes the operator out of the loop in some ways, but a good operator still makes a significant difference.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
In case it was not clear, yes the DJ tuning centers are the way to go. On another list I seem to recall some problems with the one in Atlanta reported by some, but it does not invalidate the concept, probably just one bad dude that may well not be there anymore, but you may want to ask around locally before you commit yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts