V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose a short introduction is in order here. I'm looking foward to corresponding with you good folks, sharing information and passing some time while the winter weather keeps me from my fair weather passion which is shared by the likes of all of us here.
My fantasy garage has yet to be constructed. That too must wait a few more weeks until the weather breaks. So this winters entertainment has been enhanced by reading and trading words on a couple other forums. I just stumbled across this one earlier tonight.
My current rides are as follows; '99 FXDX, 95" hi comp forged pistons, SE heads, SE 257 cams, roller rockers, SE 6200 RPM race ign., 40 mm Keihin w/Thunderslide & fat jets, black Hypercharger, Samson Street Sweepers w/ torque cones. - '00 Harley-Davidson edition F-150 - '70 Nova Super Sport 350 horse 350 cid, Hedman Headers, Holley 600, Muncie M21 4 spd., NMW ladder bars, Ralleys & Michelins. All the toys in my box are black. Okay, they aren't in my box quite yet. They're accross town in a friends garage until mine is built.
So you see why I'm pining for spring to arrive. All my toys are of the fair weather variety and I hate the cold weather more with each passing year. I plowed snow for the state for 10 years and have no desire to play in it. For the past four years I've been teaching new employees to plow snow and operate construction equipment.
Enough of my mindless ramblings. I'm looking foward to exchanging information with you all when time allows. So much for the short introduction...

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Great supersport! I saw ya come in and was hoping that you would tell your story. It sounds like your toy box runeth over.:D LOL. The way I see it and what I tell my wife is: When it's all over the one with the most toys in the toybox is the winner.
I'm glad you found the site and hope you'll join us in just shooting the breeze or trading knowledge and info. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Fifth Gear,
Sure appreciate the reply! I'll work on getting some pics out there once I lay hands on a digital camera. It's way late here in the Northeast so I'm off to never never land. See ya around.
Mike

·
Registered
147 Posts
Supersport

Glad to meet ya. It is good to know other folks that still play with toys.
I too am partial to black. I drive a Black 6sp convertible '01 SS.

Fair weather will be along soon.

I just finished my toy box, and it includes a space what my friends have named the "Hog Pen"

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good morning Jeff,
Thanks for the reply. Hows that V-Rod run? Saw one at the dealership a couple weeks ago. Have yet to here one run. That SS must be something. They're a sweet ride! 6 speed is the only way to go with that engine & chassis.
There's still some snow on the ground here but mostly mud everywhere you look. My other half suggested that I go for a putt today since it's so nice out. Still too much salt on the road to suit me.
I,m anxious for spring to arrive so we can break ground for the new garage. It's gonna be 30 by 50' and a working paint shop. I used to do body and fender work for a living. Got tired of working for someone else and doing rust repair which cannot be guaranteed if you want to keep eating. Now as a hobby, I can choose my own clientel. Already have a sweet cosmetic resto lined up on a '70, 4 spd., Six Pack Cuda. I did the interior around 13 years ago in the same car. Its got around 20,000 original miles on it and its cherry but needs paint. Easy job and the guy that owns it is going to do all the excavation and ground work for the garage in return for the paint work.
Well enough flappin' for now. See ya around the forum!
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts