V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings to you all!

I happened to find this site via the J&P Cycles forum last night and just wanted to introduce myself.

I am a 34 year old Software Engineer (still gainfully employed) in Orlando, Florida.

I purchased a 2001 Dyna SuperGlide a year ago and my Chevy Tahoe keeps getting flat tires because I never drive it.

Before last year, I hadn't been on a motorcycle since I was in highschool. I consider the last 16+years as my "Lost at Sea" time. The transformation from prettyboy business casual dress to Harley shirts and blue jeans was immediate and they still rib me at work about it, but I really love the whole lifestyle.

It all started when some guys at work flew up to DC to rent some Harleys and migrate them to Daytona. When they returned, they had the greatest stories and the pictures were pretty cool. But the best part was the look in their eyes. I knew that I had to find that for myself.

I flopped around and really didn't even consider HD at first, but I wanted a cruiser. I sat on them all. I was nearly blackballed from the dealers here in town for pestering and grinding on the sales personnel. Finally on my birthday, I was surfing one of the local HD sites and found this 2001 FXDX. I went down there, and walked out of there 3 hours later... with a deposit receipt. The next day I took delivery and it was that day that I really started living again. I'm sure you guys know what I'm yappin about.

So, I went looking for that thing... that gleem to put in my eye. After about 2500 miles, 350,000+ Lovebugs, and most of Florida's southern coast, I found it. I found my stories, my cool pictures, the warm, fuzzy feeling that keeps me warm when riding in the wintertime.

Anyway, I was lurking in the forums last night and it looks like there a lot of very knowledgable, and helpfull members on this board. I look forward chatting with you.

That's about all I can really add unless you're looking for a book. That comes out in November. ;)

Best Regards,

David

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Great story David!

We have ALOT of Floridians on board so make yourself at home. Great to have you aboard. Enjoy

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome David,

I think you'll going to really enjoy your bike over the winter in Florida that will be the best riding time. And yes it looks like you now have that same look your friends had, enjoy and be safe. Oh and if you haven't taken the MSF course, do it, it’s a blast - real good course and HOG will give you $50 HOG buck coupon to reimburse you for the course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts