V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to extend greetings from southern California. My first motorcycle experience was back in the 1960s on my brother's BSA 441 Victor, which he still owns. Went on to serve proudly in the U.S. Navy from 1969 - 1999. Couple of years ago got my very own bike, a 2004 H-D Softail Standard, which I love. My wife currently rides a Yamaha V-Star 650, and has an H-D Softail Heritage Classic on order. We are both very active in the local HOG chapter. I have enjoyed very much reading the threads and learning from the experiences of all of you, and I look forward to reading and sharing in the future. - Signed ~ Agent 86 (you'll have to guess my real name!)

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! Thanks for your service. {salute( Sounds like you and the wife are going to be having some fun on the new bikes. Post up often and enjoy!!

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the coolest place to be besides riding your scoot or snuggling up wit da wife.

Thanks for serving in the Navy and protecting my freedom for those 30.

POst up. great peeps are here. Peeps who know and understand about motorcycles, especially your kind of motorcycle.

Hope to see you on the threads

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Welcome Agent. Are you 86 because of when you came in the agent union or is that number of some sort of significance? :brows: Glad to have ya.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agent86

Fourstar picked up on it. Years ago there was a silly spy spoof TV show called Get Smart. The star was a guy named Don Adams, who happened to die just a few weeks ago. His character was Agent 86. No clue why they picked that number. Anyway, since my (real) name is Don Adams, I've kind of had an automatic nickname over the years.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
All righty then.

Da ta daaaaa, da da ta da....da. da ta dada dat tada data da da... (theme from get smart)

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
Welcome Agent. Are you 86 because of when you came in the agent union or is that number of some sort of significance? :brows: Glad to have ya.
You never heard of Get Smart? I'll bet you know Inspector Gadget. He was modeled after Agent 86. You are making me feel really old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts