V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking in the backgroud for a while and just wanted compliment a great board. Very informative and void of the petty bickering that usually plagues BB's on the net. Kudos to all.

I've been living in Vegas for 7 years, a transplant from the east coast. I'm a woose and do not ride in freezing weather, so LV with close to year around riding weather is definately the place to own a hog. My 2001 DWG is my 3rd Harley and an ongoing work in progress. The next major project ( if it's even possible) is to convert to a 18 X 8.5 rear wheel. Visions of my old chopper ( '68 sportster w/ 18" ext. springer front end. ) from days gone by.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you continue to lurk around. J.T.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome LVFXDWG

We try to keep the bickering to a minimum and help each other out; so far it's working real well.

So when you say you are from back east, east where? And you like living in LV? I'd like to visit LV one time just to see what it's like, looks like it's a 24 hour town. Any water problems, lack there of? Just wondering,

Dave

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vegas

Dave,
Originally from South Jersey. I've grown to hate the cold in my old age.
Vegas is a GREAT place. WHATEVER you want, WHENEVER you want it, it's availble someplace in Vegas.
If you vist Vegas, take some time to get away from the strip and see the real vegas. No state income tax, housing costs are extremely reasonable. Fastest growing city in the country and we are experiencing some strain as a result. Pollution and traffic congestion is becoming a problem. Water is not a problem yet, but that and the other growing pains are being addressed and hopefully won't become insurmountable issues.
Still a great place to live and ride! I'm here for good.

Come on out!
check out www.lvhd.com

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome, lv! Glad you joined us.

We have a few members in Vegas now. Look forward to meeting you the next trip to town. Maybe for Las Vegas Bikefest? Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,LVFXDWG!

Glad you decided to post an intro,I know whatcha mean about bickering,it gets old pretty quick.Great bunch here,feel free to jump right in!

Enjoy!
guido

1 - 8 of 8 Posts