V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:beer4u: :beer4u: Hi,
Just stumbled across this web site looking for parts. Never really checked any forums out before. It seems full if INFO!
I'm 53 and got my first bike at 16 and had many between then and 33, got married and the wife didn't care much for em and got new house, kid etc. and didn't ride for 18 years. Two yrs ago talked her into letting me get into it and thought a 95 883 would satisfy my urges. Boy was I wrong, needed more bike right away and bought an a yr old fxdl, really liked it but wanted more storage/ room. Had that for sale for 2 months and finally did and within 3 hours bought a 04 Glide Standard. The wife has now learned to like em and we've taken some long day trips and a few overniters. We're planning a 3 week ride up to Yellowstone and around Idaho this summer, when I'm not shopping and browsing for parts and goodies.
Hope I didn't ramble too much.
Mike

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Greetings From Adelaide!

:welcome: To VTF DD!
Yep it is a great site with heaps of good info and many good folks.
When you get back from Yellowstone post up some adventures of the ride.

Now PoPeYe should be along soon...........Hey man I beat ya here:harhar:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
As you know by know, the M/C business is addictive. Can't get enough? You are at the right place. Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

By the way, I bet it must be nice to live in a warm climate year round. Single digits here tonight and my 05 FLSTSCi is snug as a bug in a rug.

Ray

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
I lived in Phoenix for a few years out of high school. A great city and nearly year round riding! Welcome to the board!! You'll find you can spend a lot of time here.

·
Just Sayin'
2,529 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of great info on here. Enjoy!!

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hi Mike:

You have picked the right forum to set your self up for success, friendship, laughs and techno-tips.

I would like to join the folks in welcoming you to our fine hideaway.

What ever you did to get the OL to start digging the bike has worked. When you have the time, please feel free to fill me in. I need Ideas....wait, sometimes it's better alone on the bike.

Hey 71baldboy..........I am late. You beat me. Congrats. I ve been very busy.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Single up is better. But if she enjoys it, so much the better. How does she feel about going to Sturgis?

23103 it like its 10851

·
Registered
507 Posts
P 0 P E Y E said:
Hi Mike:

Hey 71baldboy..........I am late. You beat me. Congrats. I ve been very busy.

WHAT post whoring other websites.....cheating on VTF?

Fine we see how ya are!:(- :(- :(- :(- :xhere: :xhere:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks For The Welcome, Grew Up In Toledo Ohio And Remember Commuting On My 175 Honda In Winter When There Was No Snow Or Rain, Then Dad Would Loan Me The Kharman Ghia For The Real Bad Ones.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey, Toledo my home town

Wecome to the Southwest and VTF. I too lived in Toledo, OH. Born there then left there in 1996, at the age of 30. Now I live in El Paso, TX and can fully appreciate the difference in climate. If your ever in the area, drop a IM prior. :welcome:

PS
I would ride my 1972 Suzuki 250 2 stroke street bike and 1976 Suzuki 185 Enduro just like you would ride your Honda. I do not miss those cold days.

Desert Dweller said:
Thanks For The Welcome, Grew Up In Toledo Ohio And Remember Commuting On My 175 Honda In Winter When There Was No Snow Or Rain, Then Dad Would Loan Me The Kharman Ghia For The Real Bad Ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts