V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Cool forum!

Thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am a 58 year old man born, raised, live and will probably die in the greater Indy area. (The World Capital of Motor Racing.)

I had several motorcycles in the late 60's into the 70's, mostly Brit bikes, Triumph, BSA, even a Norton. I put them to the side to concentrate on business and career.

Now many years later after a successful career as a pro road racer (4 wheels not 2) and putting together a business in the racing industry where we own a racing supply/engine development/motorsports consulting facility. I often kid about being the most successful race driver that you never heard of.

I have semi-retired from the pro racing circuit but still race at the club level for the pure fun and challenge of racing.

Last year I finally gave in and returned to my early motorcycling roots and bought a 2005 Fat Boy late last year. I absolutely love it and so does my lovely and helpful wife (also my business partner).

The Fat Boy is Vivid Black with Stage 1 upgrade, V & H Shortshots, HD Beach Bars, quick detach windshield and luggage rack/backrest. Believe it or not I don't feel the need to add or change anything else on my putt. I have exactly what I was looking for when I bought it.:clap:

I guess I am getting long winded here.
Pleased to meet all of you.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!!! Sounds like you have had lots of fun with horse power. Congrats on the 05 Fatty. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Lighten up!
593 Posts
:welcome: it's always great to see another Hoosier, let alone a fellow Indy resident! This is a great forum w/alot of knowledge on motorcycles.:thumbsup:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
welcome to the Forum and back to the exciting world on two wheels.

Great bike you have there INDY.

Glad to virtually meet you. Hope you enjoy your time here and I hope to read your posts.

Ride on and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Another Hoosier

Welcome from one Hoosier to the next! Maybe all the Hoosier VTF members can get together for a ride....:thumbsup:

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Hey Hoosier! :welcome: to the VTF!!! Purdue or IU? I'll let you know if I like you or not. lol!! Glad to have you aboard. We do have tons of info, so don't hesitate to ask. Northeast of Indy here (Anderson,IN) Keep in touch,

Carrie

I wouldn't mind a local meet sometime. Someday we could meet up with other nearby states for an "eyeball".

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Carrie said:
Hey Hoosier! :welcome: to the VTF!!! Purdue or IU? I'll let you know if I like you or not. lol!! Glad to have you aboard. We do have tons of info, so don't hesitate to ask. Northeast of Indy here (Anderson,IN) Keep in touch,

Carrie

I wouldn't mind a local meet sometime. Someday we could meet up with other nearby states for an "eyeball".
I'm THERE.
We'll just look for the hot redhead in the halter and park behind her...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome. Looks like a fun forum.

Carrie, if you must know, I have an engineering degree from Purdue and an associates degree from the IU School of Business. How do you like me now?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts