V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all!

I discovered this board during a search for some parts... and glad I did: there seem to be lots and lots of forums out there on the Internet, but few with the "focus" that I've seen during some casual reading here.

I've been riding since 2002; my Electra Glide is my second bike. I've never been a "rabid, die-hard Harley guy" (and probably never will), but I wanted a tourer. As an engineer, my standards were pretty high, so I test-drove them all: Harley won the bake-off. It was a toss-up between the Road and Electra Glide - personally, I like the look of the Road Glide a bit more, but I feel better sitting on the Electra... so that's what I bought.

That sounds rather "lacking in passion", but I really do love this bike! :)

I live in Fairfax, VA - land of "sit at a dead stop on the highway for hours staring at the back of an SUV while your balls roast". On the bright side, there are some nice roads just to the west, including Skyline Drive.

I'm not a HOG member, chiefly because I don't like riding in groups... and my best riding buddy is my dog Maximus, who goes with me anytime I'm riding for fun (versus commuting, which I do 3-4 days a week).

I write a lot about riding, and have a lot of my stories posted on my website - which you're welcome to visit: just click here.

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :)

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Nice looking EG ya got there. Post up often and enjoy.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Dibubba said:
Greetings, all!

I discovered this board during a search for some parts... and glad I did: there seem to be lots and lots of forums out there on the Internet, but few with the "focus" that I've seen during some casual reading here.

I write a lot about riding, and have a lot of my stories posted on my website - which you're welcome to visit: just click here.

Welcome to the forum! There's a bunch of forum members around the area. Check out the NoVa Delinquents forum under the Northeast section. Since you're a writer, we'll look forward to your posts.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Dibubba said:
Greetings, all!

<<snip>>

Hi Dibubba,

Why has God forsaken Fairfax? Seems nice over there to me.

As GPO03FatBoy mentioned, there are a bunch of NoVA bikers here.

Welcome aboard!

regards,

wyo

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live just to the west, in Loudoun County. Even Loudoun County east of Route 15 is a giant parking lot, but there is lots of great riding in the Shenandoah valley

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Good to see you here Dibubba. There is definately a lot of knowledge to be gained here on VTF and if you ever want to get out and ride, just post to the NoVA Delinquents and one if not a few will be willing to go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wyodude said:
Hi Dibubba,

Why has God forsaken Fairfax? Seems nice over there to me.

As GPO03FatBoy mentioned, there are a bunch of NoVA bikers here.

Welcome aboard!

regards,

wyo
Wyo: Fairfax, despite it's population density, is at least 45 minutes from anywhere. Seriously - for example: the post office is 3 miles away... but I can't get there and back in less than 45 minutes. 7-11 is a 45-minute round trip. There's a McDonalds about a mile away that I can get to in about 17 minutes if I ride like a jerk.

To understand why, you'd need to have some background on Virginia's Roads... which is beyond the scope of what I can post this late at night :) - but there's a good primer on the subject here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live a little further west and I can tell you the riding environment gets much better as you go further west. I used to live in northern NJ so I can relate to your situation. My wife tried to convince me to buy a bike back then and I refused. It was too crazy. You had to travel a couple of hours to get away from the traffic. We both ride our own bikes now.
We joined our local HOG group this past fall. After participating in a few non-HOG events over the past couple of years, I think the HOG rides are by far the safest way to ride in a group.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Dibubba :welcome: to VTF I understand where your coming from look forward to seeing you around the forum and hopefully on the road either in a Delinquent's ride or just around the area.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
1. Nice freaking bike

2. Nice freaking bike

3. Welcome to the fabulous V-TwinFORUM.com

4. Rinse

5. see no. 1

6. Repeat

·
100th Road Glide
283 Posts
Welcome

Glad you found us Dibubba. Lots of great info and knowledge to be gained from this site. I am new to Harleys as well with just getting my 1st back the day after thanksgiving. Not new to riding though, been on bikes since early 70's. Can't wait to ride and possibly hook up with some fellow Virginia forum members for a ride. I guess I am lucky since I am located right in the heart of the Valley. Let me know this spring when you head out of the asphalt jungle and down this way. We can hit the road for a few miles. Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts