V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first bike was a 1939 Knuckle which I chopped, several Pans which I also chopped, a 1968 Shovel yea I chopped that one too. I thought it was a good idea at the time and back then they were real cheap compared to todays prices. I still have the receipt for the 68 shovel purchased in 1974 for $950.00 and other than being dirty it was perfect.
I have a 52 Pan that I did NOT chop:woohoo: and have been looking real hard at a new fatboy. I'm thinking HD is up to thier old tricks again with this 6 speed and wide tire on the Dyna and next year it will be on all of them, so I might have to wait a little longer for a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:welcome: to the forum from another Floridian! Enjoy your stay and learn a lot from the many wise old sages here!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. it sounds like you'll be bringing knowledge of these bikes with you here.

good luck and ride safe.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Nice collection of bikes you have and had. You Chop happy biker.

The Pan is cool too.

Post up some ship when you can. Lets see some pics of those fine examples of Milwaukee Iron.

Welcome to the wondrous world of chrome, leather and fine paint. A two wheeled, show case of a forum known as V-TwinForum.com.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the Welcome. Of all the bikes the Knuckle was my favorite but to get one now it would cost about 1 1/2 Fatboys.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Yea, keep riding the 52. HD is sorting things out again. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
:welcome: to the forums. You can't go wrong with a Fatboy. I love mine. I was a bit upset that HD only put a 200 tire on the Screamin Eagle Fatboy this year. I think they should have went 200 on all the Softails. The 200 and 240 series tires I like alot when it comes to the look. Beefy yet not to fat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts