V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

I started riding back in 1973 with a Yamaha 125 Enduro. In 1977 I bought a Honda CB350. Then I was without a bike about 13 years. I wanted to buy a Harley but couldn't afford it so I got myself a Yamaha Virago 535. Nice bike, but it didn't satisfy me so I finally bought a Sportster in 1993 which I have modified quite a lot since. It is longer, wider and lower than stock and it is also quite fast. I really love that bike.
I also fell in love with Triumph Bonnevile right away as it came to market a couple of years ago. So I have The Bon now as well as my Harley.
I sometimes call them Big Brother and Little Sister. Guess who is who?
We've had an incredible warm and sunny summer here in Finland. I don't remember as good summer for riding ever.
I was in Daytona Bike Week 1998 and boy: You have it big there!!!
I hope to get back there someday.

Cheers

Pera

p.s. Harley-Davidson's nick name in Finland is Harrikka

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Pera,

It's good to hear you are really enjoying your Harley and it shows that our forum is truly international.

I also find it interesting to hear how warm it is this year in Finland; it's been fairly hot here in the states as well. Enjoy your bike and we look forward to hearing about what’s going on, on your side of the world. Hopefully you won't be paying for your warm summer with a real cold and snowy winter.

Welcome again, take car and enjoy your bikes,

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome, Pera!

The H/D Forum has an international membership. You'll enjoy it here.

One of our members has a restored, late '70's vintage Bonneville, as well as a couple Harleys. Feel free to post the Bonnie pics in the appropriate Forum.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,Pera!

Glad you joined us,feel free to jump right in.

I'm sure the members here would enjoy hearing what it's like riding in Finland.

Looking forward to your posts,enjoy the forum.
guido

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Riding in Finland

Well, normally I ride about 5 - 6 months in a year. Maybe 1,5 months left this season. Sad...
It is difficult to think what it would be like to ride 12 months in a year.
Because the long, cold, dark winter we have a lot of time to rebuild and modify our bikes. If I dare to say, we in Finland have very fine and unique bikes (plenty of old Panheads, WLAs an so on). The number of bikes has increased very much during last few years and it is now over 100 000 of which 5000 are Hogs. The roads and scenery here are very good for riding and middle and sothern Europe is not too far.

I'll send some photos as soon as I have them.

ENJOY YOUR RIDES!
Pera

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Welcome !

I just got back from Sweden. Did a 24 hour booze cruise from Stockholm to Finland and back.

I remember the ladies of Finland when they boarded. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts