V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rubber mounted Rider
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Søren (on the net "The Dane"). Living in the cold North the riding season is only about 7 months long. I envy the bikers riding all year around, dam. that would be nice.

Bought my first HD (A 1937 UL) in 1983 and have had 6 HD's ending with a 2000 FXDX. The price for a new HD in Denmark is totally insane around $40,000 for a new FXDX, another reason for moving to the US :D .

My prior bike was an FXR, the only reason I sold it was because of the tax rules in Denmark, where the price for the FXR with a new Twin-cam in it would be higher than the price for a whole new FXDX.

Anyway this is a great Forum, and I have already had a great deal of help.

A merry Christmas and Happy new year to you all.

Proceed life in the fast lane
The Dane

Ps

Visit my homepage at www.hdfxr.dk and feel free to comment it in my guestbook.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome,... My Freind!!! Nice scoot,..."I" sold 3 scoots to a fella in the early 90s,.. had a ship tied-up in the river (DETROIT) fillin it with scoots!!
He was buy'n EVERYTHING...........! said he was taken'm over ta the NEITHERLANDs........$$$$$!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Hey Dane,
...good to hear ya enjoyin' da boards! Nice bike....now about that statue......

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Welcome Dane, Nice bike/view. Many in the US also only get to ride 7 months. Ride as often as possible, post when you're not (riding that is)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Denmark is a beuatiful country with nice people and some of the most beautiful women in the world. I was at the 1994 Super Rally in Denmark in 1994. Were you there?

·
Rubber mounted Rider
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi 95 FXST

You're right about the country, except for the weather I love it.

I wasn't at the rally in 1994, had a none HD-period from 1985 to 1999 :mad:. What were you doing in Denmark at that time.

The Dane

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Nice FiXeR Dane!

Too bad they stopped building them. Funny how something that wasn't that popular back in the day becomes the object of desire once they're scarce... A much saught after and expensive scooter these days!

Welcome to the forum... Enjoy!

SS

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
WELCOME TO THE BEST HD SITE THERE IS. I LIVE IN MINNESOTA SO I CAN RELATE TO THE LIMITED RIDING SEASON. I STILL GET ABOUT 10-12K A YEAR AND LONG FOR MORE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts