V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Green O-rings on bottom of Jug

07 Softail

Began assembly and I'm not feeling 100% on how many of the green o-rings there should be. Is there just the 1 per jug on the bottom around the dowel that is releaved around the base?? I looked at the manual it shows one but the part list shows 2 ...also is that the only place they go..none up top between jug and head?

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
You just have one small o-ring per jug on the base . You are right that they go on the dowel with the relief around it (the oil returns through these two dowels). You also have the large o-ring that seals the base of the jugs to the case. Not sure about the 07's but all the previous year twincams also have one o-ring each on the oil return dowels at the top of the jugs. If you are using a multi layer steel (MLS) head gasket like Cometic you don't use the o-rings on the top dowels. These head gaskets have a built up area around the dowels that seal them.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pa-glazier said:
You just have one small o-ring per jug on the base . You are right that they go on the dowel with the relief around it (the oil returns through these two dowels). You also have the large o-ring that seals the base of the jugs to the case. Not sure about the 07's but all the previous year twincams also have one o-ring each on the oil return dowels at the top of the jugs. If you are using a multi layer steel (MLS) head gasket like Cometic you don't use the o-rings on the top dowels. These head gaskets have a built up area around the dowels that seal them.
THANK YOU!!!

I feel better...

Oh and note to self!!

ALWAYS place something in your case hole when messing with wrist pin clips!!!!! I got so lucky with a magnet!!!!:spank:

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
AZFXSTB said:
THANK YOU!!!

I feel better...

Oh and note to self!!

ALWAYS place something in your case hole when messing with wrist pin clips!!!!! I got so lucky with a magnet!!!!:spank:
:yikes: Bet that made your heart stop! Glad you got it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts