V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before I left on a tour I purchased a magnet tank bag from an ebay seller, Moto-DirectUSA. After using the bag on tour for a month I have nothing but praise for the quality and functionality of the bag.

To those who may thing a tank bag is not functional for a Harley I say once you use one you'll never tour without one.

Now I've added a tail bag available from the same site. Again I'm impressed with the quality and price.

Anyone interest in either should check out this site.

I also purchased one of the mesh riding jackets for my wife from the same place. It as good as or better than the name brand one I ride with. The major difference is the new one cost $ 94 while my old one cost $ 199.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
I'm with you on the tank bag. Been using a Joe Rocket model that can be worn as a backpack when you don't want to leave it on the bike. Best thing I like is the plastic sleeve on top for a map.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I like the concept of the tank bag, but have always been concerned about paint damage. Doesn't take much to leave scuff marks. What's your exoerience with that?

·
Registered
838 Posts
rrockefe said:
I like the concept of the tank bag, but have always been concerned about paint damage. Doesn't take much to leave scuff marks. What's your exoerience with that?
I have used tank bags on sport bikes in the past. Put two good heavy coats of wax on your tank, cut a piece of genuine chamois cloth that will match the underside of your tank bag and place it between the bag and the tank. Never had any scratches. I have used tanks bags that have had very soft suede and others with neoprene on the bottom of them, but have always cut a chamois cloth up to use as a barrier in between. Never had a problem, even with black paint...-2$en#e-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts