V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the new Screaming Eagle 1 piece slip-ons, along with the SE a/c and the Harley Stage 1 download. The bike runs and sounds awesome. No decel popping, with a good strong pull to 95 MPH (there were cars in front of me). It was 91 here today, and even sitting at red lights, idling, there is a zero heat issue. Couldn't be happier.
Unfortunatly, after spending $1200+++, several of my friends who went the "aftermarket" route, are still trying to dial their bikes in. Oh well.

·
<{{{><
170 Posts
Just installed a Cobra EFI system and HD Stage 1 a/c. Same results and total spent was $400. I'm happy also but have $800 for accessories.:harhar:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running stock mufflers? I bought the parts at 20% off and installed them myself. Had the dealer do the download, so the total cost was close to $600.

·
Riding With The Son
204 Posts
My '07 Road King is the most enjoyable bike I have owned in 35 years of riding. The addition of the SE Touring Mufflers, SE Intake, and Stage 1 Download have made a great bike even better!

Oh sure, in 15k miles of riding it has required a little attention, but overall not any more than any Ducati or Honda that I have owned, and SUBSTANTIALLY less than either of my BMW's required. And what STYLE - it's the '57 Chevy of the motorcycle world!

In fact, I'm gonna quit yakking on the keyboard and get out there on the road this morning - it's 70 degrees in Atlanta and autumn is in the air!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
xcelr8 said:
Unfortunatly, after spending $1200+++, several of my friends who went the "aftermarket" route, are still trying to dial their bikes in. Oh well.
But in the end the will have more options. Being a slave to HD has caused us so many problems. Why improve or fix anything, people will buy it regardless.

Myself, love my Fatcat, full heat sheild looks so much better then stock headers. So much easier to install and remove. Does need some tweaking, but I have but couple thousand miles on like that, nothing I can't live with.

Will eventually have it tuned. But before that I will no more about fuel injectiona and my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts