V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the military and there is a sales program that I can buy H-D through. They currently have a 2005 Vivid Black, EFI, Std Softail, with H-D security system and a 5yr/unlimited mileage warranty plan. What would you all recommend as a steal for that bike. They are trying to get rid of all their 2005s and the dealer asked me to name the price.

I have been looking at getting a H-D for sometime and this looks like a great opportunity! Thanks for your input!

{salute(

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
No idea on the price, but really think about it and have a look at the fatter tire on the 06 models before you do anything ................

·
Registered
435 Posts
The_Snowman said:
No idea on the price, but really think about it and have a look at the fatter tire on the 06 models before you do anything ................
The fat tire looks great but really has no noticeable effect on handling or performance. I'd take the the cheapest new bike I could.

Tim

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would say a good price on the bike would be $11,795 which is $3000 off the price for a new 2006 with the bigger rear tire. Some area's of the country are giving $1000 off on the new 2006's so an extra $2000 off an 2005 would be a good deal, if you are going to keep the bike for several years. I wouldn't want the 5 year extended warranty, since you are going to want the dealer to do a stage 1 (SEII slipons and K&N air intake upgrade and reflash) for around $500 and this could effect your 5 year warranty. If you are going to have to buy the warranty you should confirm with the dealer that the stage 1 upgrade won't effect your 5 year warranty. Too get a better idea of what a 5 year warranty would be worth $$$ start another thread and ask what others paid and what the dealer has in the warranty. But I wouldn't buy the extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
List on a black '05 FXST with security, EFI and freight was $14,820. I'd look for at least $2k off that, preferably $3k as Pitbull said.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I would think that with special military pricing more like 4k off of an 05, there are new 05's around for 3-4k off MSRP, saw em in this months thunder press. Plus, don't buy the extra warranty, waste of money plus you won't be able to do the mods you're gonna want after a very short time....!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info! I was going to ask for $4k off so it looks like I was not too far off. I was considering the warrenty since I am in Europe and everything is so much more expensive, I probably would not be modifing the bike much. I will have to do more research on that though!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Where are you located that they let you name your price? I am stationed in Turkey and the salesman is such a bonehead I really hate dealing with him. Plus we can't take delivery in country so you have complete the deal and wait until you return to the states for delivery.

Are the bikes for in-country delivery or stateside?

Thanks,

BK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in Germany and the pricing is for their showroom models that they are attempting to get rid of. He asked me to give him a price but I dont know what he can come down to. Just being hopeful!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts