V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stealer just called to inform me that my new RKC which was scheduled to be built in mid-Feb has been moved up. As of today (01/15), it's supposed to ship from York Pa. on 01/20. This means it's probably or very close to being in production right now.

This brings me to my next comment. Anyone who is going to tour the York plant this week keep yer eye out for an all vivid black FLHRCI. If ya see it, it's mine!!! Secondly, don't bug the workers there. Don't want em missing anything or screw'n anything up during the build. ;)

:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do all the new 03 RK have the Aniversery Logo's rather then the name Road King on the tank? or can you still get the "Road King" name by itself... My 03 Vivid Black Road King does not have Aniv Stripes or Logo as I changed out the paint set from the Purple Slash Flame set the dealer had put on... Congrats on the New Road King... a very nice machine and comfortable (for most of us) BTW, the white walls are sharp but a pain to keep them clean and white.. Buy some accessories!!!

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey Doug,

From what little I know (which is enough to be dangerous), the 2003 RKC vivid black and two tones all have the anniversary badge and watermark stripe on the tanks. I think that the pearl red ones later on this production year don't but will have the traditional H-D badges.

To be honest, I have always loved black. I've owned many vehicles that color but it's a royal-pain-in-the-_ss to keep clean. When I decided a RKC is what I wanted, I really liked the pearl red better but found that it didn't carry the anniversary stuff so I went back to my first love... BLACK. So far, I haven't looked back. It'll just give me even more reason to wash, wax and polish the girl!!!

Looks like I'll be on the forum most of the night... can't sleep now!!!

Thx,

·
Registered
351 Posts
Black and Chrome is a killer under the night lights! The Chrome jumps right off the bike and the black looks like wet tar.. I had a blue Heritage and a green RK before and never got the comments that I'm getting about the Vivid Black!....... Beside that, it matches almost any clothes I wear..Ha. Thoes Chrome saddlebag guards (option) really look good on the leather bags too! I never had them on my previous RKC but got them for Christmas this year so put them on... WOW.... Get that smile off your face and get some sleep... Later

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Congrats. You be sure and post some pictures of that new baby :cool: I also can't waite for mine to get made ;)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Originally posted by mtmtrspt
This brings me to my next comment. Anyone who is going to tour the York plant this week keep yer eye out for an all vivid black FLHRCI. If ya see it, it's mine!!! Secondly, don't bug the workers there. Don't want em missing anything or screw'n anything up during the build. ;)
Hmm, I saw a vivid black Road King on the assembly line there...they had put a Honda 750cc motor in it, and from what I could tell the tank was all dented and looked like it had been on a Royal Enfield at some point. If I hadn't known better I could've sworn that the scoot had tripple extra heavy duty mufflers on it ;)

Congrats on your new ride. :)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good grief... just what I needed. I see that Ultra39 just put on another post that his new FLHTCUI came in two days after the scheduled ship date. THIS IS KILLING ME!!!

I haven't been this excited since Santa quit coming down our chimney. No sleep tonight (again...).

:eek: :D :eek:

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
SHE'S HERE!!!

Called the stealer yesterday and it just so happened that they were out unloading my new baby!!! They said it was shipped on 01/24 instead of the original scheduled date of 01/20. No matter...

I thought I was on cloud nine when I was notifed of when it was to ship but now it's gone up to another level. Can't wait till this weekend when I can get to the stealer to see her.

Woo - hoo!!!

(is it spring yet???)

:D :D :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Happy for ya, ride safe. Just a thought...... This time of year there won't be any bugs to marr your smile!!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
......congrats! as already said be safe..........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts