V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great News/ Pictures!

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just got word, My baby is IN... Can't wait.. Ill hope to have some pictures soon from the dealer.. Ill get it home next week, Just waiting for the Pro-Pipe to come in.

Can't Wait...

Can you tell im excited...

Charlie:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Chaz,
Congrats. Sounds like you were on Santa's list of really good kids.

I got the same ride on November 2 at 10:22 AM - a moment I'll never forget and I'm sure you'll always remember the first time you press the start button on your bike.

You're already changing the pipes? I was told to wait until after the break-in period. Did I get some bad advice?

Are you planning any other modifications? I'm looking to add passing lamps and saddle bags but haven't settle on which will come first or which vendor to use.

I've already got two trips planned for the summer that will bring me through your neck of the woods. I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm passing through.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
mfblase said:
Chaz,
Congrats. Sounds like you were on Santa's list of really good kids.

I got the same ride on November 2 at 10:22 AM - a moment I'll never forget and I'm sure you'll always remember the first time you press the start button on your bike.

You're already changing the pipes? I was told to wait until after the break-in period. Did I get some bad advice?

Are you planning any other modifications? I'm looking to add passing lamps and saddle bags but haven't settle on which will come first or which vendor to use.

I've already got two trips planned for the summer that will bring me through your neck of the woods. I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm passing through.
Yea, I didn't have to wait that long, The bike was on its way, when I went in looking for one. Lucky it wasn't sold yet. Most of the bikes that are coming in were sold. So i just made the plunge.. :)

About the pipes...( Maybe I got some bad advice.. I don't know) The bike was a little over msrp, Which they didn't budge... So i asked what else can you do ? They suggested the pipes, and the carb work. This is my first Harley, (actually 2nd, had a sporster back in 91), so I definitly won't be beating on it for a while. There throwing in the pipes, (actually paying for them, for the bike being $500 over msrp), So I paid for the carb parts & labor. So i didnt get raped for that much.. $20k out the door... with the 5yr extra service, with all tax/tags/lic fees, pipes, carb re-jet and the new cleaner....

Hey......Its only Money :D

When passing through.... hit me with an email.. We'll try to meet up :)

[email protected]

Chaz

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't beat yourself up over taking the deal you got. Sounds like the same situation I had. I tried real hard to get the dealer to budge on the price with no luck. His response was basically 'If you don't buy it, someone else will.' He threw in a gift certificate for HD merchandise to ease my pain. In my mind the excess of MSRP was worth it to avoid the torture of having an indefinite waiting period.

When I finalize my summer trips I'll drop you a line. You do the same if you're heading north.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mike,

Thats the same stuff they said to me.. Well of you don't want it, You can get your deposit back, and someone else will buy it up in a minute..

Balls eh' ?

And they tried talking me out of paying cash for my bike... WTF. I got the money, let me do what i want with it... They were so persistant for me to finace....

Owell Like I said... Only Money...

Definitly I'll look you up, Gotta start planning my trips now.. :)

Take Care... Be Safe..
Charlie:cool:

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys.. Trying to get to the dealer tomorrow to get some pics of the bike, before they do the work... Can't wait...

Plus there even going to deliver it... :)

Chaz..:D

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
congrats!!!!
I'm still waiting on mine. (due in late FEB. or MARCH)
counting the days. (OK and minutes :) )
looks great and keep us posted with all mods!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice Scoot, Hay don't swet the small stuff. If that is the bike you want and you and your's aren't going hungry because of it. it nobodies business but your own. And when you take that long ride it will be worth it. I have a 99 and its the best thing I ever did. Good luck and many happy miles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Beautiful bike Chaz...as long as you are happy with it, who cares what you paid...and come spring, you'll be very happy!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts