V-Twin Forum banner

81 - 100 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Yea, it is just kind of interesting to me. My experience with hot rods, crowd tends to embrace.
Now your talking, the crowd knows no private property anymore, understand the wanna buy your old truck thats been sitting for 5 years in the same spot, But now a days with social media and friend request that seem important??? and those dam reality set up hot rod shows encouraging complete stranger's to pull over and let me see ya car??!!!! Sum bucks will pull in your driveway while your under your car and walk right into where ya at and say HEY! bro love your chevy got one just like it lets check out what ya have under the hood, then I say NO, its a Ford and who fucking invited you?

Then here comes the old classic questions towards me to answer for their comfort, why ya holding the craw bar like that or why you holding your hand behind your back, thats a weird way of holding your blow torch? I've seen it a hundred times in the last 24 months, did everyone between 23 and 55 eat a Tide Pod in the last 17,520 hours?????

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Now your talking, the crowd knows no private property anymore, understand the wanna buy your old truck thats been sitting for 5 years in the same spot, But now a days with social media and friend request that seem important??? and those dam reality set up hot rod shows encouraging complete stranger's to pull over and let me see ya car??!!!! Sum bucks will pull in your driveway while your under your car and walk right into where ya at and say HEY! bro love your chevy got one just like it lets check out what ya have under the hood, then I say NO, its a Ford and who fucking invited you?

Then here comes the old classic questions towards me to answer for their comfort, why ya holding the craw bar like that or why you holding your hand behind your back, thats a weird way of holding your blow torch? I've seen it a hundred times in the last 24 months, did everyone between 23 and 55 eat a Tide Pod in the last 17,520 hours?????
There should be a post with a bike pic and nothing else where you have to name all the mods. The one who gets it right, gets a prize. We can check with Thermodine for some petty cash from the general fund.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
There should be a post with a bike pic and nothing else where you have to name all the mods. The one who gets it right, gets a prize. We can check with Thermodine for some petty cash from the general fund.
Should be a rule on changing your avatar, now I don't know who in da hell I'm talking to? I don't open up to complete strangers like that LoL.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Well I piss off the purist because I still love the 70's for my car, all the way down to Monroe air shocks and Action Traction Bars!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Yea wife hates them for that reason lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Should be a rule on changing your avatar, now I don't know who in da hell I'm talking to? I don't open up to complete strangers like that LoL.
Ha !!! Was waiting to see if someone would comment on my purple and yellow honda......the watering holes miss that bike for sure.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I was wondering the same thing. I do like he word quivering though. I'm the one who screws up posts, so don't get any ideas about moving into my territory Ray.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Well I piss off the purist because I still love the 70's for my car, all the way down to Monroe air shocks and Action Traction Bars!
View attachment 267148
I'm going with 69 on the year, You got 351 badges, so the Fe-390 is out, the question remains, 2v or 4V.....I will have to go with 4V due to the GT options.....

·
Registered
17,132 Posts
I'm going with 69 on the year, You got 351 badges, so the Fe-390 is out, the question remains, 2v or 4V.....I will have to go with 4V due to the GT options.....
70 or 71. Can't tell without looking at the grill.

Only reason I know is I had a 70 GT.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,645 Posts
View attachment 267148
You may have misunderstood. Stock/near stock will have higher value than modified; especially highly modified.

I'm a life-long Chevy boy but I like your Torino. [I'd trade some kids for a '70 Boss 302, in that burnt orange color.]

If I were buying, I'd tend to pay more for more stock. A lot of your custom touches would be stuff I'd have to spend money to replace; but the car doesn't piss me off.

joe

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Its a copy of my high school car I had, only it was a f code which made it a 302. I posted back a few years about accidentally finding it, well it just popped up for sale and long story short the title was still in my name when I sold it back in 88.

Its same year as mine 1970 Torino GT M code which is the 351 Cleveland 4v, 4 speed and 3;70 gears.

Joe I just wanted to recreate my old car the way I wanted to back then when I didn't have the money then, lol. Including my favorite factory color on this, Calypso Coral.

NOW if it was the J code that be the Cobra Torino, she'd be a pure bred then.

Reactions: Homesick

·
Registered
17,132 Posts
NOW if it was the J code that be the Cobra Torino, she'd be a pure bred then.
From what I can remember those were overrated a tad. At least the only one in the town where I lived.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
In disguise
2,782 Posts
[I'd trade some kids for a '70 Boss 302, in that burnt orange color.]

joe
I just got in touch with your kids. They’re not happy to hear that.

Reactions: FishinFather

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,047 Posts
No I’m not quivering & how did I fuk up the post ????
What he typed:

What you quoted:

Not the same.

Where did " 'toy constant" come from?

What does it mean to say that we "dudes" love to shake over stupid shitt?

Sarcasm is a great way of separating those with IQs above room temperature from those with ones below.

Reactions: Dannyboy58

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,047 Posts
Stock vehicles tend to have better resale value because it is a known entity. When it comes to customizing, everybody thinks they can do something to make their vehicle better than it came from the factory. Most of them are wrong.

That said, I've never been one to think of a vehicle of any kind as an investment so who really cares about resale value?, especially when I've never bought anything brand new. I'd rather my bike work for me, not "the next guy" or anyone else.

·
Registered
898 Posts
it seems like the only way a collector vehicle can become valuable is if you never put any miles on it or alter it in any way. whats the fun in that?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 150 Posts