V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had high hopes of getting out for an hour or so before the rain started; however due to other obligations, the rain came first. So, it was still a great afternoon.
Garage door up, rain falling steady, great music on, dogs loungeing about, a beer in hand, and all the time needed for a much needed detail session on the bike. Very relaxing, very fullfilling, a great way to spend a rainy afternoon. :D

·
Banned
169 Posts
Believe it or not, I sometimes long for those days...Instead I spent the day riding along the lower Colorado enjoying a sunny sky and temps in the low 80s

:cheers:

·
Registered
114 Posts
liquid sunshine love it. Not so many bugs to eat - a free shower - better than bottled water - only way to wash leathers, ahh yes liquid sunshine.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Yep, daytime high of -10 F, but nice and sunny! Detailing was the way to go this weekend, as wel as a new intake manifold!

Hey the bright side....There always is one isn't there.....is that the beer left outside for 5 minutes provided the most Frosty mug i've had in a long time!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
310 Posts
HDtwice said:
Had high hopes of getting out for an hour or so before the rain started; however due to other obligations, the rain came first. So, it was still a great afternoon.
Garage door up, rain falling steady, great music on, dogs loungeing about, a beer in hand, and all the time needed for a much needed detail session on the bike. Very relaxing, very fullfilling, a great way to spend a rainy afternoon. :D
thought about taking the car to work today, but just cant bring myself to face the traffic on the bay bridge in a car, especially in the rain...

electric concertina topped gate opens and i ride out into the storm. the rain wasnt as bad as i expected, but the traffic was worse! i would definitly have gone insane waiting in that mess in my car. i am not so "hardcore" as so claim i _like_ riding in the rain, but i know i like it _more_ than sitting in traffic in my car. plus i love laneplitting past all the folks in their giant "rugged" SUV with motorcycle stickers on the rear window. it feels a _little_ hardcore!

plus the bike will get a nice towel off when i get home. its the closest it gets to being washed!

i expect the lower deck of the bay bridge to be a slippery, oily mess for the commute home. i think it takes at least an extra day for the lower deck to wash clean. then again, im in less of a hurry to get home, so i dont mind not lanesplitting if its very slimy.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
dogtownmax said:
i am not so "hardcore" as so claim i _like_ riding in the rain, but i know i like it _more_ than sitting in traffic in my car. plus i love laneplitting past all the folks in their giant "rugged" SUV with motorcycle stickers on the rear window. it feels a _little_ hardcore!
Yep. It cracks me up to see all the fair weather "bikers" piloting their HD sticker plastered cages.

No doubt they have all the "Live to Ride..." accessories the MoCo offers. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
I guess it's just personal taste to slap a sticker or plate on a car or truck. I don't get it personally, but hey to each their own.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I went out for quick ride today. My wife gave hell because I had been home with the flu for a week and it was was 29 out. But I was bundled up pretty good and came back when my fingers went numb( didnt take long ). It was enough to get it out of my system for the day and I felt a little better!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts