V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a planned trip to the ARK in Williamstown, KY this summer.
The reason was to take Payton there. With Payton's dad in Afghanistan the Trip fell through. The Wheel chair van was going to follow the sidecar.
Payton and I decided we are going anyway. Wednesday morning we hit the road Sidecar Payton and I. Reservation are made tickets in hand.
The Wheel chair her and I modified to use with the sidecar will work for us. The wheels go in the trunk , the adapted foot rest go in with them and the chair folds behind the seat.
She may be 11 years old but she is a girl. She making a packing list now. Think she is on page 2 already. This should be fun for us both.
She has 11,000 mile total in sidecars now. This will be her first long trip. We should put 1100-1200 miles on by the time we get back.
We will work out any flaws in our plans this trip. next Spring she is riding the Dragon in the sidecar.

Last winter we modified the chair. A hammer ,drill, saws-all and grinder did the trick. Her normal chair would take a hour to strip down enough to use it

·
Registered
15,641 Posts
Awesome, pawpaw! Keep us updated with pics.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, pawpaw! Keep us updated with pics.

Sent from here to there.
There will be pictures. She will be wearing her new Full coverage HD helmet with roses on it. This is a warm up for longer rides . next Spring she is going to ride the dragon. She likes dragons and has always like the pictures of the sculptures of dragons from our visits .

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anyone needs modifications done on wheelchairs, I do it for a living. If I can help with ideas or anything, I'd be more than willing to help with ideas and such.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wore out last night from the 500 miles here and swimming she slept good. Up this morning and rode to the ARK in Williamstown KY. She had a great time. Stayed all day and stopped at Florence HD dealer on the way back to the motel. She went swimming, we had dinner now getting ready for bed.
To many pictures to post them all. this is a link to some of them.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFQrikn

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are home.
This is how it went.
Day one left out at 0430. Stopped to eat at WI/IL state line. Met Bleachy in Indy for lunch about 1230. Checked in motel in Harrison OH at 1530. Went swimming. Then to dinner . She slept real good.
Day two. Left motel about 0730 after breakfast. Rode to the Ark at Williamstown KY. Spent most of the day there she enjoyed it. Stopped at Thoroughbred Harley in Florence Ky on the way back to motel. She got a shirt ,3 poker chips and a dealer patch.
Back at motel swimming for about two hours , then BBQ for dinner. Pasted out tired.
Day three . Left motel at about 0530 rode two hours stopped to eat. Stopped at Uke's Harley in Kenosha WI . She got two big shirts to sleep in. Finished the ride home arrived at 1215. She did great on the ride, we had no problems.
Total miles 1,100. She is now just over 12,000 miles in a sidecar.

I am sure we will met Bleachy again.
Link to pictures. Easier this way.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFQrikn

1 - 20 of 22 Posts