V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any body uses a gps system on there bike, and how well do they work? do they hold up and how easy are they to use.
i think it would be fun to learn to use one and just take off to parts unknown.
the big question is witch one to buy and how much do they cost? and are they really worth haveing?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a Magellan 315. I haven't used it yet on the bike, but have used it on trips in the truck & car. The only reason I haven't used it on the bike is the OL put it away, and I keep spacing it out.
I paid $140.00 for it a couple of years ago to use when I was hunting in Wyoming (unfortunately, I moved to Illinois, so I have not been able to hunt for a while). It is more of a toy now than the tool I bought it for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
RE: GPS

Slamin Sammy,

I have the Garmin GPS5 model and it works great. I was a little worried about it when I bought it, if it would work on the bike but its great. You can plot in an address, or reasterant, gas stations ect. and it will plot a course right to that location, telling you when to turn and everthing. It was alittle expensive I paid $400 on E-Bay retail $575. Check out the web site below.

http://www.garmin.com/products/gps5/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts