V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Garmin iQue M5 on their ride?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I moved to south Jersey last year. Bought a Garmin 76CS. BEST THING I COULD HAVE DONE. Not knowing the roads and wanting to travel the back roads it gave me the freedom of caring less about getting lost and having a blast doing soo. I bought a handlebar mount available through Garmin. Definatlty spend the extra bucks for a modle that can hold map info for areas outside you're normal riding range. It does no good if it can only store info about roads you already know.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I bet if you did a search you'd find most here use the Garmin 2610.
It does it all.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I have a 2610 but I'm wondering how it will hold against the elements. Otherwise I have the Garmin GPS IV.

BTW I just bought the mount from TechBiker.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
I'm sure Geezerdog appreciates all the advice on which GPS you think is best, however, I'm thinking maybe he needs a PDA and can justify the cost if he gets one with dual functions. Hey, he can cruise, stop at Starbucks and use it to surf VTF :) just kidding.
Here is are some sites that have extensive information & reviews on both, good luck with whatever you choose, John
http://www.gpscity.com/item-garmin-ique-m5-color-pda-gps/iquem5.htm
http://www.gpscity.com/item-garmin-streetpilot-2610-motorcycle-gps-system/sp2610mb.htm

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate all y'alls replies. I haven't done the GPS thing yet on the ride, but I've had one in the truck for many years. I know the value of it on the road, butI have an iQue M5 on order and can't figure out if Bluetooth will get the route instructions to a Bluetooth ear clip that I want to buy. Besides, I would really like to have the tunes while riding on those road trips. I would hate to spend the $$ for the clip and not know if I can get enough volume to hear it over wind/road/exhaust noise.

Thanks for the links Snowman. I haven't looked at them yet 'cuz I was typing this when you posted. I'll look at them now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts