V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and figured it was a good place to start...

I recently took ownership of my first real bike, an '03 V-Rod (not a bad start). I had an offorad enduro bike as a teen but hadn't ridden in almost 15 years (not because I didn't want to...).

Last year, I was able to "borrow" my neighbor's 00 XLH and ultimately a few weekends on his 00 Fatboy to get reaquainted.

I waited about 9 months from the time I first worked with the dealership to my pickup date this August. After 12 years, what was a few more months? I currently have just over 1000 miles on the bike and am thrilled with it! The bike is pretty much stock at this point, only a few extra chrome items.

Unfortunately the riding season in New England isn't the longest, so I don't think I'll be racking up any big miles in the near future.

Anyway, for a while I'll likely be looking for info, but hopefully I'll have something of value to contribute to the forum soon.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scooter_D!

Congrats on the V-Rod, awesome sled, did you get one that was painted?

BTW, which part of Connecticut? I'm close to New London.

-peace

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Scooter_D, enjoy that V-Rod and the boards........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reception...

Joe - I'm in Middletown, not far from Rt9 or I91.

As of the color, I was sold on the annodized '02 look so I ordered the '03 in the same finish. Only recently did I see the factory optioned red (or white) flame paint options.

I love the bike, but it got better after the break-in. It seems to be a different animal above 5K RPM. I don't race the thing around as though I have a death wish, but it sure is nice to have the power on tap when it's needed.

As for the MRC course, I took it in the spring - great class and great suggestion. I had agreed to take it so that the Mrs. would feel a bit more comfortable with the whole motorcycle situation. Plus, I sure didn't want to take the skills test on the V-Rod.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
hey there scooter, welcome to the board. enjoy your stay here with some great folks

·
Registered
906 Posts
Scooter_D,

Keep an eye on the Northeast Events forum, there are still some events coming up for Connecticut and I'll post the info when I get it.
So don't put that bike away yet! :)

The ghost flame scheme is pretty nice, but I prefer the glow of unpainted anodized aluminum, it just looks great with the chrome!

-peace

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to the board Scooter_D, I think you'll really enjoy your new bike. I won't trade mine, good luck and ride safe.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts