V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to keep her just like she retired. Took possession directly from the PD with all equipment except the radio and radar. So now I have to buy a complete set of $ervice manual$ (don't want to cut up the harness). anyone have the 2014 touring services, police supplement and electrical manuals you don't need any more..???

·
Registered
140 Posts
i have a 2012 police supplement and a 2013 police parts manual. #99856-12, 99545-13
Both like new, make me an offer.

Tom

·
Registered
550 Posts
Blazzent45

You can keep the lights and siren .
Get some light covers & a cover for the siren.
Just don't use them.

If your taking the amp and siren off.
Their just plugged in. No need to cut anything.
Just swap out the lights for clear.

If you decide to get rid off the stuff let me know.
I would be interested in it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tom, I'll do some checking around and see if the 12 and 13 manuals will work for the 14 Rushmore bikes and let you know. As for leaving the equipment on the motorcycle I don't think Maryland state would like it, even if they are covered up. to be honest fellas I think I'm going to hold on to all the stuff that came on the bike don't think I want to sell it at this point in time thank you for the offers.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
When I bought my 2005 FLHPI from the Orlando PD I had to get a notarized decommissioning letter to register the bike in NJ. And I had to send to the division of special titles, the regular DMV wouldn't handle it. When I bought my 2012 FLHTP I didn't have to go through all that crap. Not sure if things changed or if it was because I bought it from a dealer and the bike was never titled as a working police bike.
But then, it's NJ, anything is possible.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my, I hope that's not the case in Maryland. However I do have the title that has been notarized with a city council stamp and all that jazz so hopefully that will suffice.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Tom, I'll do some checking around and see if the 12 and 13 manuals will work for the 14 Rushmore bikes and let you know. As for leaving the equipment on the motorcycle I don't think Maryland state would like it even if there covered up. to be honest fellas I think I'm going to hold one's all the stuff that came on the bike don't think I want to sell it at this point in time thank you for the offers.
Hook 12v to the siren and you will be popular on holidays.

·
Registered
988 Posts
There was a very good forum dedicated to "retired police bikes". I don't do face book but I think it may have moved there. Lots of good info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
mmm I get to ride her naked..lol I've also joined Retired Police Bikes.com lots of good info there as well but not too many users anymore though.. Have a complete set of manuals on the way, Thinking I may do a thread with photos showing how I went about removing all the gear and any additional problems or road blocks I run into.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Hmm I don't know about riding her naked. We have a police bike forum here on vtwin and reading that helped me on the decision to purchase a king. Here's some others that like to ride her naked.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,007 Posts
lol... it really is going to break my heart to take all the goodies off of her.
I'm having a hard time believing they sold it without taking the popo stuff off. Must be a Maryland thing.

Hook 12v to the siren and you will be popular on holidays.
Nothing says 'inconspicuous' like impersonating a police officer. I'm sure there are no laws against that though. ^rolleyez^

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I think I want to keep them for now sorry.... Like I said I don't want to change it too much from stock..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts