V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"What's this do?"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. I made a long distance purchase. Good, bad or indifferent… I’ll find out. If the listing is true and accurate, I got exactly what I wanted. Now, I wait for delivery. I’m planning to use Daily Direct Motorcycle Transportation to get it to me. Four or five weeks of sweet apprehension. Here she is:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I bought 2 bikes on the internet thru ebay and each was exactly as described. I asked lots of questions and dealt only with people that had lots of feedback and were open and appeared trustworthy. It worked for me.

Not saying your purchase was on ebay or thru internet for that matter, just sharing my experience with you in hopes yours will turn out as good as mine did.

Congrats hope the wait goes fast.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Have you already booked your transportation? If not, give forward air a shout, they are VERY REASONABLE and VERY FAST. I haven't used em but have friends that have and they are great, literally a couple of days to a major air terminal near you for around $500 cross country, they have these special pallet containers designed just for shipping bikes. If you haven't made your arrangements yet, you might wanna check em out.
4-5 days is alot better than 4-5 weeks.
A few years ago, I sold a couple of bikes on ebay and both had to be shipped coast to coast, used Gold Rush, Took about 2-3 weeks form booking to delivery but was over $800 per bike as I recall, great people though, specialty bike and hot rod shippers.

OH YEAH, GREAT LOOKING RIDE!!!

·
"What's this do?"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shipping

Thanks for the heads-up on the shipping choices; I will check them out tomorrow.

·
"What's this do?"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still waitin’. Got the title, though.

Completed the MSF with my wife. She’s never ridden before but liked it so much that she bought a starter bike: Suzuki Intruder VS800. Life is good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts