V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bike back together just before work tonight. Rode it to work, took some quick pictures with my phone. Still waiting on the front fender and the rear fender strut covers.
Triples trees coated black, black risers, pipe shileds coated black, rear turn signals gone, black turn signals up front, Progressive 430's and Progressive HD springs up front, and polyurethane bushings installed.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
obviously not practical but i'm thinkin skip the front fender, bike looks kinda
badass now.

looks good, just keep er out of parking lots....

04 wg

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sorry it didn't turn out well for you. Better luck next time. LOL

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
It's scarred for life G-dog, consider it a basketcase...I'd be willing to take it off your hands for 4 bills. :laugh:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks good man! Bet it rides a lot better with the new suspension.....
Thanks Tex!

I didn't have time to fine tune the shocks, once it was together I had to head to work (midnight shift), but did some adjusting this morning, then took it out on some backroads. Definitely an improvement, all the way around. Really smooth at 75.... Also got those damn marks off the tire, I didn't even realize they were still on there when I left for work (lack of sleep).
Probably do the rocker covers next....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took off the manufacturing stickers on the front frame tube today, looks nice and clean......

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
Been thinking since I got my first blue bike, blue don't look that bad.
I just changed my mind, they look bitchin. Specially that one. GJ.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lookin Good! I also like the blue color. Those slots in the headlight, are they white or chrome? Can you paint them the same blue as the bike? I might vote for no fender either but would like to see it on first.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lookin Good! I also like the blue color. Those slots in the headlight, are they white or chrome? Can you paint them the same blue as the bike? I might vote for no fender either but would like to see it on first.
The headlight is black anodized and then has the contrast cuts machined in. Not white or chrome. It matches all the covers I put on (handlebar clamp, rear shocks, etc.). It is a new item that Headwinds just started making, once I seen it, I figured it would be a good fit.
Again, thanks for the comments about the bike, glad you all like it!

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,275 Posts
lookin' good! Check out Doss front directionals, which are a low profile type that fits under the mirrors. Don't have 'em in my sig pic. but I've attached one. Since you've removed the rear directionals, I figured you were going for the minimalistic approach. I really like those bad ass spokes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts