V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, The carb is on, adjustments have been made and we went on a nice little 120+ mile ride today. The first time I've really gotten further than around the block with the lowrider. She ran great and if the weather would have held out it would have been a really nice ride. Unfortunately the rain came, but it was still a nice ride.

I also got to try out the PanOptix I bought and I must say they were well worth the money spent. Not one teary I the whole time, I love them!

We did encounter one little problem, my OM ran out of gas, we just weren't paying attention to how far we went and he just got a higher cam put in the Heritage so we didn't know what kind of gas mileage it would get, apparently not as good as before. Lucky we were close to a gas station and he was able to coast it into the pumps. My gas cap must not have been put back on right after we put gas in it because as soon as we got on the open road it blew off:D I almost caught it, and it was raining so I didn't go back for it, I'll buy another one. It was my fault I'm the one who put it back on, oh well.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Nothing like a little adventure.

It was a perfect day here with nothing to do, so I took a ride into the mountains with some good tunes cranked up. Found a little place to have a burger for lunch. Nothing real exciting, but it was a good little ride and I found a few new places to take tourists. LOL.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Good for you,glad to hear your lowrider's carb is on & it's up & running!!

My wife & I went for a little putt also,& like you the ride was cut short by rain.

You gotta love those little "incidents"that happen when least expected,usually great to look back at 'em & have a good laugh!!

Thanks for the pan-optyx update,glad they work for ya.
guido

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
I'm glad to see you that you're on your bike and on the road again. Sounds like you had a good ride despite the minor problems. The riding season is here for a large percentage of riders around the US. I hope that the cagers will remember that they don't own the road with more bikes appearing from the winter hibernation. Let us hear some riding stories/adventures from you as the season goes on.... pictures too- (they don't even have to be topless! right JimmyK?) LOL

Later girl,

·
Registered
432 Posts
It was about 78 in central Cal yesterday. My wife, her brother and a sister with spouse road up into the hills just below Sequoia Park for lunch. Nice ride and lots of bikes out. Cagers were paying attention and everything. Wish it would have lasted long.
Ride Safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts