V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's still coming down, and it started yesterday afternoon here in central Illinois...

Up 'til now we've had a mild winter, with a bit at Christmas and not much since. The wife and I had planned a weekend getaway to the Amana Colonies, but there's too much on the ground this morning to go anywhere...well, maybe to breakfast if I can get us shoveled out...:D

This looks to be a pretty big system - who else is getting plastered?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
billy buck said:

This looks to be a pretty big system - who else is getting plastered?
I don't know if its the same system, but its snowing here in northern VA. SUpposed to snow all weekend. I'm working this weekend so what the hell.

wyo

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yet another snowfall on coastal NJ. Supposed to stop sometime today and get worse Sun-Mon. The worst winter we've had in a while. It Figures; bought the new bike of my dreams in early Jan. and have only been able to stare at it since. Well, aside from sinking more $$ into it of course.
With my luck, we will have the wettest spring and summer in recorded history.

·
Registered
351 Posts
No snow here in Southern OHio!.... HOt day today and will be looking forward to a road trip.... Now if I can just wake up from this nightmare..

·
Registered
903 Posts
Got 8 inches of snow last week, two today and predicting another 4 to 6 Sunday. Enough already! I can't wait for Spring.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Quitcherbitchin! We still got snow from Christmas Day!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
nodoze said:
wyodude,

I've got family traveling through VA today. How much snow are yall expecting?
The situation is changing.

We had freezing rain at 6 am, some snow from 7-9 am, nothing stuck. Now they're saying thats it for today but expect BIG snow (as much as a foot) starting late tonight going through Monday am.

The roads are wet but no other problems. I'll post again if things change.

wyo

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
O.k.... I just read the severe weather report..and it says here in the Shenandoah Valley 1-2 feet ??? is possible??? before it ends Monday..!! oh well... thats nice..!!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
wyodude said:

The situation is changing.

We had freezing rain at 6 am, some snow from 7-9 am, nothing stuck. Now they're saying thats it for today but expect BIG snow (as much as a foot) starting late tonight going through Monday am.

The roads are wet but no other problems. I'll post again if things change.
sounds like
wyo
Hey Wyo..guess your lucky at this point...it started snowing here, in the Strasburg area..about 9:45 p.m last night and has not stopped.... the roads are some what covered...but it looks like the plows are doing a good job...it looks like the snow is slowing up some, but up till 10 minutes ago ,was snowing really hard... the mountain is clearing off a little ..which means a break.. but just reading this 1-2 feet is a new one on me since last night.. the forcast changed overnight....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, that's it. Got up, and after downing some coffee decided to attack the drive.

Spent an hour out there and by the time I'd gotten warmed up inside, wind had blown most of it back.

I quit. Got me a good western to read and a recliner to doze off in. I'm gonna go to the kitchen, eat too much and nod off...maybe this day ain't a total loss after all...:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
no snow here yet, there saying maybe tmorrow or monday, we just get the pleasure of bone numbing cold. it a whole 12 degrees and thats the high for today

·
Registered
44 Posts
no snow here yet, there saying maybe tmorrow or monday, we just get the pleasure of bone numbing cold. it a whole 12 degrees and thats the high for today

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
ok, ya'll add up what you got combined on the ground, i'll still beat ya! LOL! Goin' to a movie, hey look it's brilliant sunshine today 2:30 in the afternoon and it's 7 out. Woohoo!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, the other day while I shuffled into the kitchen to get some coffee going, I noticed that the room seemed unusally dark...

...and this would be the cause...

And this was the same day I signed the contract on a new V-Rod....wonder if Screaming Eagle offers some sort of snow-blower option :p

Thor

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have yet to see green grass since sometime before...well...damn I can't remember, it's been too long ago. I'm getting fed up with this white stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Wow!

After seeing ThorBob's pic's, everyone should have some perspective of how bad things might be.

I'm sure H/D will soon come out with an "official H/D product" snowblower attachment. Use of any other snow blower will void your warranty. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts