V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up my dream bike. I traded in my Fatboy for a Screaming Eagle Ultra. Wow what a bike. I've got sooo much stuff I don't know how to use yet. There are two things I can't find in the owners manual and I need your help. How do you make the led light in the tour pak come on? Second, is the tour pak adjustable fore and aft to make room for passenger sizes. I'm so excited about my new Bike I can hardly stand going to work tomorrow. Oh I got the black silver and crimson colors.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Funseeker,

Based on my '06 Ultra, I believe I can answer your second question. Yes the tour pac is adjustable foreward and back -- but, as best I can tell from the service manual and personal experience, the tour pac must be moved back to the rear position for seat removal. Since seat removal is part of routine maintenance (battery cable cleaning, etc.) mine will stay in the back position. So much for the adjustable seat.

Also, HD did not bother to install the chrome passenger grab rail on the '06 baggers that has been a standard item on their baggers for many years. It now is an option (about $128 as I remember) which will not fit a bike with rear speakers (per the note in the parts book). What they don't tell you is the grab rail fits fine if the tour pac is in the rear position. So they replaced a very useful steel rail with a cheap strap. Another quality improvement from our friends at HD.

If I had it to do over again, I would have purchased a used '02 Ultra.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
While in Las Vegas last year I rented a Bagger to cruise the strip and the first thang I noticed is someone had rented the bike out and removed the grab rail........(Don't mean to give anyone any ideas.......)

·
Registered
116 Posts
The LED light has a soft switch on the surface of the light. Just push in the middle of the light. I beleive the Tour Pack can be moved back. You have to unbolt and move to new mounting holes and bolt on at new location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts