V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to bikes and have come across my first nail. Tire is still inflated, but what do I do about it? With my cars I usually just stick one of those tire repair kits you get from the local auto parts store, I assume I should not do the same here. Does the tire need replacement, or is there a patch available (even if only dealer available)? The dealer I bought the bike freom said that tire is brand new, so replacing it would be a waste (and paper flying out of my pocket always sucks). Suggestions? It is the rear tire on my X.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well Sidewalk....

I picked up a nail in the tire of my Deuce the first month I had it.. Not even 800 miles on the bike and I get a big ol' nail!
My local HD told me to replace it.. I think they said fixing wasn't a safe option, or maybe it was that it couldn't be fixed.. I can't remember..

Then about a month ago, I picked up a nail on my buddies 01 Fatboy and it was fixable..

So I don't know what to tell ya..

On thing I can give is my opinion.. REPLACE IT! .. It seems on a motorcycle, especially a Buell, your goin' fast and hangin' turns.. I sure would hate to see a repaired tire fail ya at high speed or in a turn!

My Deuce tire was about $300 bucks installed.. Nice Dunlop (factory replacement).. Its worth replacing it. That's my 2 cents!

Good luck..

PS- We're neighbors, cuz' A-town ain't that big!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not what I wanted to hear.

Guess I will be paying Bob Dron a visit tomorrow....

See ya around I guess then:D Are you the same person who e-mailed me? If not I will give you the same message: If ya see me around, don't be afraid to wave the middle finger:D Not to many red X's with a racing stripe around town. Or in my wifes case, black Blasts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts